Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all whoever prepped the intake hat for the Accufab TB must have the motor skills of a four year old, because it looked like ****!! no wonder it only had a peak gain of 3hp and 5 ftlb of torque against the stock TB. If the intake hat is done correctly it will produce much better gains..John, please tell me you didnt have any part of the intake grinding:eek: DA Snake Boy!!!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got a little off the topic and forgot to post the actual dyno #'s

N/A on a 2001 Cobra w/ stock TB= 283 rwhp & 284 ftlb of torque.

N/A With the Accufab TB = 286 rwhp & 289 FTLB.

On a Supercharged Cobra with the stock TB= 400 rwhp.

S/C Cobra With the Accufab TB = 430 rwhp, a 30 hp gain in supercharged form, but the gains didnt start to happen until 5200 rpm.

If the intake hat had been done modified properly you would have seen much better gains, I have pics on me web site on how you should prep the intake when installing the Accufab TB..DA Snake Boy!!!

·
Registered
643 Posts
And link to your web site is....

And your posted "actual gain numbers" are equal to MM&FF.

·
Registered
172 Posts
yeah when i saw the article i thought cool, lets check out the dyno results... when i did, i scratched my head and went 'WTF!?' yeah, they fubared that one pretty good.... how big of gains do you all think it should have given the N/A'ed cobra?? I'm thinking about gettin one of these myself...

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Andrew the #'s I posted are the ones from M&FF, Ive yet to do any of my own testing, but when I do I will test the Accufab against the SVO single blade. The key to making the Accufab work to the maximum is the proper grinding of the intake hat which didnt happen in the M&FF dyno testing for whatever reason, (maybe a time factor), but I could have done a better job with that intake hat in 20 min. with my eyes closed...DA Snake boy!!!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
You should be able to click on the www on the bottom and get to me website??Well here's a picture of how you should grind the intake hat when installing a Accufab TB..DA Snake Boy

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
duane v said:
You should be able to click on the www on the bottom and get to me website??Well here's a picture of how you should grind the intake hat when installing a Accufab TB..DA Snake Boy
Duane - the cover looks great.

In addition to removing the dual bore bridge, it looks like you've also removed the EGR and PCV passages. Is it because of the removal of these passages that you believe additional gains will made? Have you seen some other dyno numbers to lead you to this conclusion or is it just a 'hunch' of yours. As these mods to the cover (removal of the passages, that is) are downstream of the TB, do you think that the stock TB wowuld also benefit from their removal?

I haven't seen the MM&FF article, but assume that they just removed the bridge. Perhaps, the test was run intentionally without any other modification to the cover other than removal of the bridge so that the gains reflect only those coming from the TB and not the TB and the cover. Just a thought...

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Duane, that cover looks like you stole it from my car! :p No seriously, mine looks just like that. :D Is yours chromed or polished? Yea, I got a good laugh out of the MM&FF article picture. My intake Hat looks just like yours where we removed the divider, after I installed the Accufab T.B. My butt-O-meter dyno says about 7-8 RWHP in the upper RPM range. Where I noticed a difference was from 4500RPM up. And for the ones of you that don't know, this was on a N/A 96 Cobra.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Single blade throttle body!

Does anyone have some before and after DYNO results with a single blade throttle body (ported right) on a 99-01 Cobra? I saw this in MM&FF and it looked a little odd. I have heard some people have had idle problems after this mod, anyone?

I am looking to get this done to my 03 Mach I. I am trying to decide on what mods to do and this looks like it would be worth the extra money, especially whenever I can get a Vortec!

Has anyone had there intake extrude-honed with or with out the single blade? If so how much would this cost and what kind of numbers did you get with it?

Any recommendations for mods to the 03 Mach I? N/A for right now and not taking the heads off, suspension (steeda 1-2-3 g-trac), long tubes (BBK), cat-back(?), MAF(?), etc.??? :confused:

·
Registered
410 Posts
I haven't seen the article. Do you have a link to the article?

How did they test a 2001 Cobra Accufab Single Blade Throttle Body if the darn things are not released yet. According to Accufab as of Friday, only the 96-98 models were released. SHM's website was wrong. I was told by Accufab that the 99-01 Cobra Throttle Bodies were still being worked on and had not been released. I only know what Accufab specifically told me on the phone and I know the person checked twice because I doubted it at first.

-Anyone have a 99+ Cobra running a Accufab single blade?
-What are the differences between 96-98 and 99-01 TB/intakes?
-Why does the 96-98 work on the bullit intake, because I know someone who has it installed?

thanks.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
topless5.0 said:
Does anyone have any more updated information on this subject??? Is there a single blade out for the 01 cobra, or are they the same as the 96-98? If so, what kind of numbers do they produce?? Thanks
I have tested the Acufab TB vs a stock Cobra TB on my blown GT with a fully ported bullit intake and got little to no gains. The testing was performed at Alternative Auto and we tried to keep as many variables as possible constant from dyno run to dyno run. It sure does look pretty though! later Ron

1 - 14 of 14 Posts