Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into swapping an L33 5.3 liter LS engine into my SN95 Mustang. I really like the shift quality of my old Ford T5, and would like to retain it if possible. I've heard of people keeping their t5 transmissions in their 80s f-bodies when doing LSX swaps, so I don't think this is impossible. I would probably rebuild the t5 to z-spec. Could I use a 1980s f-body bellhousing to make the swap work? I was planning on using a UPR k-member to bolt in the LS engine. I don't plan on drag racing this car. Thanks.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found this on ls1tech.com

I found this on ls1tech.com, the following components were listed as making this swap possible:

Quicktime bellhousing RM-6037
Ford throw out bearing
gm pilot bearing with ford inner diameter
ls1 flywheel
ls1 pressure plate
11" ford 10 spline clutch disk from 2000-up gt mustang

LS1 to t5 questions...I searched - LS1TECH

My problem is that the quicktime bellhousing cost over $600 bucks, and I would rather just use an old 80s F-body one. If anyone knows the answer, your help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
where can you buy this:

gm pilot bearing with ford inner diameter

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
My problem is that the quicktime bellhousing cost over $600 bucks, and I would rather just use an old 80s F-body one. If anyone knows the answer, your help would be greatly appreciated.
The GM T5's don't use the Ford bolt pattern on the face of the transmission.
The Ford and GM input shafts are also of different lengths.

Exception: GM started using the Ford bolt pattern for most T5 applications in 93. Unfortunately, none of those are V-8 rated transmissions and the input is still different.

GM T5's only appear in 4 and 6-cyl models after 1992. (F-body and S-10)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts