1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
also you can use the stock k member with the right swap mounts

·
Registered
327 Posts
I would stay far away from the z k-member......The new redesigned one has problems also.......so far a t56 and a 4l60 trans will not fit..,,,,guys have to cut the motor mounts off the k-member so they can lower the motor about 2 inches..

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Using an AJE with a quicktime RM-6037 with a tremec 3550. my trans is in the factory location. Motor sits down in it good. I would highly recommend the aje. Also Kooks 1 7/8swap headers fit perfect also with it.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Using an AJE with a quicktime RM-6037 with a tremec 3550. my trans is in the factory location. Motor sits down in it good. I would highly recommend the aje. Also Kooks 1 7/8swap headers fit perfect also with it.

pics or it never happened........

·
Registered
60 Posts
AJE is good choice,just don't care for engine mounts,UPR is a good piece also as it allows for the use of factory 4.6 engine mounts but limits header use.I will use AFCO on my next build coming this year.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts

same AJE with Kooks 1 7/8, but with 4L60E, engine sits down good. I mocked up years ago the Tremec with the Quicktime bell housing and mine was just about in factory location. Still have the Quicktime bellhousing just sitting hmm.

·
Registered
327 Posts
The last 3 AJE LS k-members and AJE trans cross members have been perfect with the f-body LS1 oil pan and Kooks conversion headers...

you might need to oblong some of the holes on the motor mounts where they bolt to the motor..but not a big deal..

·
Premium Member
49 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Vary nice , motor info ? hp ? et ? how come no carb. spacer ?? no room ??

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
I got it running last june and just got it road worthy. everything was new in the drivetrain, susp, brakes, wheels and tires. Motor is an aluminum 5.7 thats stock bottom end. 10.7 comp. has factory heads that have been ported. Thunder racing TREX V.2 cam (.610/.615 lift 242/248 duration at .050 on a 110+2) Kooks 1 7/8 headers. My plan was to just get it up and going. Been buying all the parts since 2010. However i have the motor back out currently. Im putting h beam rods and a diamond dome pistons. along with milling the heads a lil more. looking for 12.5 to 1 comp. adding all good arp studs thru important parts of the motor. I have trans apart ( Tremec 3550) and have gears at liberty getting face plated. And i have the rear end out putting in wild rides "s" box upper and lower control arm reinforcements & anti roll bar. . Since i had to have all the interior out im putting a 8 pt cage in it. I didnt run a carb spacer because it was already peaking power at 6900 rpm(429rwhp 408tq on a mustang dyno). Stock rods dont like much more rpm and wanted it to live. However it spun a rod bearing and thats what prompted coming back apart. I can fit whatever spacer i need to with the cowl hood though. I made a few playing hits in it. but i was having issues with being first time out. I did manage to go 7.5 @ 97mph in the 8th and thats on the motor. The plan is to run it on about 150-250 shot of nitrous(nitrous outlet puck kit) and shooting for 5.90's banging gears. A friend has similar setup and has been 6.01 with a 6 speed and 200. his is a 90 maroon lx hatch also lol.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Forgive my ignorance, what is face plating the gears? What's its purpose?

Edit: never mind. I had a chance to Google it. Interesting stuff. Now back to k members.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts