1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
it does make sense, but it is still disappointing :shakehead

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
It's a late 70's Fairmont with a body kit..... Get over it folks. Go outside and throw a rock in any direction to find your own car to gay up with billet interior parts and the newest shifter of the month from the MM&FF ad pages.

To the OP I think your best bet is to try and mount the original ford sending units in the LSx motor. It would be kind of fun to figure it all out. You may have to tap a few holes out along the way.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's a late 70's Fairmont with a body kit..... Get over it folks. Go outside and throw a rock in any direction to find your own car to gay up with billet interior parts and the newest shifter of the month from the MM&FF ad pages.

To the OP I think your best bet is to try and mount the original ford sending units in the LSx motor. It would be kind of fun to figure it all out. You may have to tap a few holes out along the way.
thanx for the info

·
Registered
15 Posts

x100,000

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i will have pics of the build shortley the drivetrain is in the car the turbo kit is all done and i droped it off sunday morning at the chassis shop

·
Registered
409 Posts
Agreed or a 4v Mod in a Z06.

This is still stupid, and makes no other sense than some Chevy boy getting a laugh at degrading one of the best, most desired Mustangs ever. It makes no sense as 03/04 Cobra rollers command quite a lot of money as far as Mustang rollers go. When I wrecked my 03 Cobra and was looking for a 03/04 Cobra roller to throw my drivetrain in they were selling in the $10K range, and this was back in March of this year.
put a 4v mod in a z06. i dont care. its not my car.

ill do what i want with my cars, and you do what you want with your cars.

you can start telling me what to do with my cars when you start paying for them....

·
Registered
554 Posts
STFU, and quit acting like a bitch. I wasn't talking #### to you. Would you take a C6Z, and throw a DOHC 5.4 in it and think that that's a smart mod, or would you be like WTF would you do that to a new Z06? Throwing a 2JZ-GTE in a Grand Natinal GNX would be a cool swap, as would a late model Firehawk, or Camaro SS 1LE with a built, big bore/stroker Windsor.

The point is that these are desirable cars that many people envy, and when you take them, and F they in the A many people think damn that sucks, why not use a Regel instead of a GN, or a base Vette instead of a Z, or a v6 or base V8 Fbody instead or the more rare, higherend ones, or a lesser Mustang instead of a Terminator.
We who are swapping don't give a #### what other people think of brand-x swaps.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Look the OP can do what he wants to. I'm not going to loose sleep over it. I'm not pissed about it,
The fact that you are trolling in here says otherwise. You brought no technical knowledge or help of any kind regarding the original question : gauges. You, like a lot of others cannot play nice in this section. Why don't you take your sh..t and and get the f..k out. We'll make sure to call you when we need an infusion of wisdom. :salute:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Actually you do, you just try and play like you don't. You get a kick out of getting a rise out of other people. Not everyone. A lot of people see a Mustang, and say lighter/better than Fbody with much more room under the hood that's much more comfortable, and particle other than its shifter position, and then look at a LS motor and say lightweight, compact motor with all kinds of potent, and then say that I'm going to put the two together. When you take the highender, more rare, more desirable models of these cars that cost a lot more to buy in any forum, and do something like this to them that's you looking for attention. A Terminator doesn't need help in the motor department, neither does a Z06, neither does a Viper, neither does a TT MKIV Supra.

I mean don't front man. Hell I like getting rises out of people too. Its fun, and funny thinking you're aggravating someone else. If I had say a 70 Chevelle SS LS6 with a new big displacement Boss 6.2 swapped into it I would flaw it, and laugh at all the people I would offend by it, but I can see where that would piss off some fan of classic Chevy Muscle Cars.

Look the OP can do what he wants to. I'm not going to loose sleep over it. I'm not pissed about it, it's just a dumb swap for any other reason than what I mentioned. Your average Mustang roller is a dime a dozen, a Terminator roller is not, and you've just taken the thing that made people love, and desire it over most any other Mustang ever built away from it.
You know absolutely jack #### about me. I'll fill you in on my outlook....Its plastic, composite, and metal...all of them. Nothing is sacred. Chop'em all.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Nobody gives a flying f..k what your opinion is/might be/ could be/ or otherwise. Do you know how to make gauges work with this setup? Yes/no? The question is simple. If no, go troll somewhere else. You turned this thread into a cluster f..k.

By the way what part of "mixed platform" do you not understand? Do we have to draw a pretty picture for your thick head ?:shakehead

1 - 20 of 117 Posts