Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I emailed teamz and they said that there k-member doesnt work with (or at least they have not tried it with) and ls1. I just bought an AJE k-member. Some use the stock k-member with modified 4.6 mounts.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I emailed teamz and they said that there k-member doesnt work with (or at least they have not tried it with) and ls1. I just bought an AJE k-member. Some use the stock k-member with modified 4.6 mounts.
I pmed dave at team z this morning on yb and he said he just had a customer do this swap using there sbc swap k-member and to use the shortest moroso sbc solid mount and the ls1 adapter plate so that's what I'm planning to use when I do mine.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I have a new team z k member, mocked up and rolled around never had an engine on it. Pm me if interested

·
Registered
384 Posts
My LQ4 swapped 93 coupe has a stock K-member with modified 4.6 motor mounts and steel studs welded to the iron block for the rear mounting hole on the 4.6 mounts. I am swapping to an AJE or PA racing K-member in the winter to save weight. You can fit everything with a stock fox k-member, or a stock sn95 k-member, but you may have to trim them up and modify/run a different oil pan to get clearance. Somehow the guy who put together my car got everything to fit...but it works for the time being!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
benny could you post pics of the modified 4.6 mount?

·
Registered
752 Posts
benny could you post pics of the modified 4.6 mount?

jump on ls1tech.com and search the conversion area. there's a few write ups on how to do it.

and i used a team z sbc k member. heard too many fitment issues with aje stuff. i've always used team z and know their stuff works everytime

·
Registered
644 Posts
We just finished our LS/LSX swap mounts for our SBC K member and test fit it It's all good!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Just ordered my Team Z k member ill let everyone know about the fit! looks like some nice ####!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Team z here... No issues..
I'm using a motor plate

·
Registered
222 Posts
Just got my team z tonight and mounted it but i noticed that when input the motor mount on theres a lot of space, do the motor mounts just get bolts and clamp the k member?

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Just got my team z tonight and mounted it but i noticed that when input the motor mount on theres a lot of space, do the motor mounts just get bolts and clamp the k member?

same question- looks like you may have to shim it with washers or tighten the hell out of it and actually bend the mount to conform to the K member.

Im also having a tough time with the oil pan hitting the k member on the passenger side. did you gets your to sit in there ok ? if so what oil pan ?

thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,381 Posts
Anyone else running the Team-Z? Which oil pan are you using?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Whats wrong with an AJE I got mine used for $250 with the motor mounts and a lsx is a freaking bolt in it takes the same mounts as a sbc or bbc. plus most hedders are made around the AJE k-member. plus i like their modular design, as in they have 1 k-member and a butt load of different mounts for what ever engine you want. so say i wanted to go back with a ford 408W in my car all i would have to do is get the AJE mounts for a 351W and it would bolt in with out changing the k_member and having to re-align my car.

I guess my question is why make it difficult on yourself, when there are parts available where you do not have to modify anything or have to worry about fitment.

·
Premium Member
3,381 Posts
Because I already bought a Team-Z lol. On a serious note, always been pleased with Team-Z products. The quality and customer service is second to none. Got a good deal and picked up a bunch of Team-Z stuff

K-member
Control Arms
Mounts
All new hardware
Tubular radiator support
CC plates

·
Registered
336 Posts
I used the Fbody Pan...and did a custom modification...

some options that work without any modification are the Moroso 20141 and the Moroso 21150
as well as the CTS-V pan and one of the Truck Pans

·
Premium Member
3,381 Posts
Those Moroso pans are nice but man they are pricey.I may look into the CTS-V pan at some point. Your modified pan looks good but I have zero skills required for that lol.

Any modifications required to the pick up tube when you modified the pan?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Those Moroso pans are nice but man they are pricey.I may look into the CTS-V pan at some point. Your modified pan looks good but I have zero skills required for that lol.

Any modifications required to the pick up tube when you modified the pan?
No other modification necessary... its why I did it like that.

eventualy I want to buy one of the moroso pans anyways...better baffles, rear pickup... but that is later down the road when the budget permits....I have other fish to fry first.:evil:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts