Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which route should I take with wiring on my swap. I will be running a Holley setup with a 4L80. Do I yank the factory Mustang harness completely and start from scratch (using aftermarket harness), or is it better to leave the factory harness and splice each piece into it? I am assuming Painless, etc.. can make me a full harness ready to go?? What issues could I run into going either route?

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
I would use the factory body harness for all things not engine/trans related. Use Holley's harnesses for your efi. Get a copy of the Holley main harness wiring diagram. It us easy to figure out from there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would use the factory body harness for all things not engine/trans related. Use Holley's harnesses for your efi. Get a copy of the Holley main harness wiring diagram. It us easy to figure out from there.
Thanks for the reply! I was concerned about pulling the factory harness and ECU while breaking down the car. Didn't know how gentle to be with the wiring. I assumed I would need to cut down the harness to a bare minimum only retaining the needed items. I also want to hide the wiring, so I will need to extend some things. I didn't know if someone had a swap specific harness outside of the Holley harness to remove the frustration.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts