Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Yes:

I regret not being able to crack the engine block down the middle nearly on demand. Let's face it, that's something really cool you can tell your friends that you did.

I regret not having to swap out the cylinder heads to make 350 rwhp naturally aspirated. I don't want to save money, and I'm tired of making alot of power.

I regret not having a heavy cast iron engine block as I am now stuck with a lightweight aluminum OEM engine block that costs about $300 for a good replacement should I kill this one by accident. Reference above, I'm don't want to save money by using OEM stuff when aftermarket is available for 10x the price and this aluminum block really moves too much weight off my front tires.

In hindsight, I wish I had spent more money for less performance. Doing it all over again, I would make decisions which maximize cost and minimize efficiency.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Really though, no remorse at all. I had planned a Cleveland swap originally but from what I researched and for what I want to do, the LS swap is easier and cheaper. Also considered a Coyote but that would add like $6k to the swap price tag.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I am only soory I didnt do it sooner. Not because I dont like Ford engines, just because I would have saved so much money and achieved my goals sooner. Never looking back.....

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
did it over 8 years ago and never looked back.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I've got an AL 6.0L ready to go in my '89...but am having doubts...this thread helps me.

I want to have a light/fun manual all motor car, shooting for bottom 11's. Any of you guys know your car's weight?

Sorry to bomb this thread...but if you know of a manual trans that will hold ~450ftlbs, isn't $3500 and doesn't put the shifter handle in the back seat, pm me please.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
manual trans are expensive in the LSX swap

1 - 10 of 10 Posts