Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys who have swapped into an SN95, help me out here. I would rather just hear from guys who have done this vs trying to sort through all the bs on the net. Aside from an engine and trans what did you guys need/encounter to perform the swap? About what can I expect to pay when it's all said and done? I am SOOO sick of the Modular in my car lol.

·
Registered
15 Posts
hey man, i'm in the middle of ls swapping a 97 cobra right now. First issue i've run into is fuel system. I was thinking I could do a dual or triple in tank setup but apparently the cobras had a different tank than GT's that don't allow an aftermarket hanger. So, the options are to go to a 03/04 tank or get a glenns tank. There is also the option of getting a upr or granatelli pickuptube but i dont want to have to constantly keep 1/2 tank to avoid cavitation issues. I'm going with a glenns sleeper tank and an external pump setup.

Also, from everything i've read, the holley hp efi with holley gauges is the best method for having a working dash :)

I'll alert you of things that i come across in the near future (it's taking forever due to my budget)

Oh, the upr coilover kit with strange 10 ways is a bit of a pain to get working correctly. Probably should have gone with an all in one coilover kit rather than piecing one together.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
the 96 and up, some of the guys are using their stock k member and use the UPR LS1 adapter mounts. I have used the pickup tube and have never had a problem with cavitation and ran mine almost to empty. the only guys I ever met that didnt like the pickup tube was guys who heard it from a friend of a friend lol. I thought the gas tanks where the same till 97
this is what I used in my 93
Mustang Fuel Pump Hanger/ Pickup With AN Fittings 1979-1997 - Includes 320LPH Pump
then I used this
New LS1 Full Flow Fuel Filter Regulator Fittings in Line Full Flow 58 PSI | eBay

but now I use a Cobra tank that was made specifically for a fox body and use a triple hat. the above setup I used for over 12 years on my LS1

1 - 5 of 5 Posts