Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I don't have any 1/4 passes but it did go 6.83 @ 104 in the 1/8 with a 6speed on a radial. . Should be good for 10.6-10.7

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
just confirms what we already knew...there is no replacement for displacement. The weight of the cars evened out the HP difference or so it seems.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Not many LS fans I would guess... Good video, I expected the nitrous to take the LS.... of coarse I'm one of the few ford nuts that love LS swaps. cheap, EFFECTIVE, horsepower

·
Premium Member
3,381 Posts
of coarse I'm one of the few ford nuts that love LS swaps. cheap, EFFECTIVE, horsepower
Oh you did it now lol. I'm getting some popcorn so I can watch all the guys get bent out of shape over that comment lol

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
that mph makes it seem like there is more power than that.. that's like 130ish in the 1/4.. what are the bolt ons? coyote stick or auto?. Those numbers for the coyote seem low too. most NA bolt on tuned 5.0L goes 430-450.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Oh you did it now lol. I'm getting some popcorn so I can watch all the guys get bent out of shape over that comment lol
I'm so over it.. I've been talking about putting a turbo'd 5.3 in welfare stang for years now.. And that was before everyone jumped on the bandwagon.

I've broken enough cranks on blown 302's in the 10's... NA junkyard motor with a cam... its a no brainer for a gear head. Brand doesn't mean squat. sorta the best of both worlds, best chassis, best pushrod motor ever made.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Here's a ls6 headed 5.3 I built a while back. Had about $1200 in the whole thing. No way you can make $/hp on a 302 or 351. ImageUploadedByAG Free1409452355.030475.jpg

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that mph makes it seem like there is more power than that.. that's like 130ish in the 1/4.. what are the bolt ons? coyote stick or auto?. Those numbers for the coyote seem low too. most NA bolt on tuned 5.0L goes 430-450.
see first post.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
see first post.
What do you mean by stock square port toped? I'm not up to snuff on the LS top ends yet. Car runs damn good, and you can shift. Any idea how heavy the car is?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
What do you mean by stock square port toped? I'm not up to snuff on the LS top ends yet. Car runs damn good, and you can shift. Any idea how heavy the car is?

Ls3 or newer heads. Not cathedral port.

It's cheaper to go buy an older truck 6.0 and new heads than it is to buy a pull out ls3.

·
Premium Member
3,381 Posts
One of my favorite budget Mustang 5.3 combos I've seen.

5.3 MS3 Mustang 150 shot - YouTube

Specs:

1988 Mustang Gt

04 5.3 88k miles
ms3 cam
thunder racing push rods
patriot double valve springs
gmpp intake
Holley 750HP
dynatech long tubes
msd 6010

Th400
hughes Manual Valve body
midwest converter

8.8 w/4.10 ford racing gears
auburn spool
double adjustable uppers / solid lowers

Renegade nitrous plate system with purge kit
AJE k-member / UPR chromoly control arms
Lakewood 90/10 struts with coil overs
Manual rack / Jegs manual brake and line lock kit

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Better put your protective gear on, cause the haters will be on the way now! Lol

The video and car above is exactly what I used as my reasoning for my build. Too bad I got side tracked and got rid of it.
My statement is based on fact. I'm building a 302 and trying to keep it cheap. Used tfs heads, cam, ported intake and all for what? 330 hp? My 5.3 in my daily makes that.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts

It's cheaper to go buy an older truck 6.0 and new heads than it is to buy a pull out ls3.
Gotcha...

I always wanted to do a 5.3 for some reason instead of a 6.0L more "comparable to a 5.0 but didn't want to step down to a 4.8.... I'm weird i guess. lol

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
The video and car above is exactly what I used as my reasoning for my build. Too bad I got side tracked and got rid of it.
My statement is based on fact. I'm building a 302 and trying to keep it cheap. Used tfs heads, cam, ported intake and all for what? 330 hp? My 5.3 in my daily makes that.
Exactly.. and you had as much in your used TFS heads as what, a nice LS motor? lol

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Its a ls3 head and l92 escalade/denali intake. By stock I meant unported or modded. Car weighed 2820 without hood and hinges with 1/4 tank. Prob 2850 now. Thanks and those were not powershifts either. Everytime I try powershift it breaks loose.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts