Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired a LQ4 swapped fox coupe. It has 351 swap headers with ls flanges, 3" pipe from the headers back to a pair of 3" mac catback. The exhaust shop that did the exhaust did not install a x or h pipe so It sounds like a Chevy mud truck! My question is, since it has the mustang headers and catback will a x or h pipe bent for a fox body fit? Can some of you mustang swapped guys post pics of your exhaust?
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
336 Posts
I recently acquired a LQ4 swapped fox coupe. It has 351 swap headers with ls flanges, 3" pipe from the headers back to a pair of 3" mac catback. The exhaust shop that did the exhaust did not install a x or h pipe so It sounds like a Chevy mud truck! My question is, since it has the mustang headers and catback will a x or h pipe bent for a fox body fit? Can some of you mustang swapped guys post pics of your exhaust?
Thanks!!!
thought about trying to buy a premade foxbody exhaust and just modifying it to match up with my headers....
but after seeing a buddys exhaust on his 5.0 non swap fox...I decided to just make my own

my mufflers would have fit in the stock location...but I decided to put them at the rear since I have a fuel cell with a sump and no stock tank...
gave me more room to get 3" over the axle on each side.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Haven't fired it up yet...still have a few things to do before I can start it
Hoping to start the engine here in the next week or two if we get a little warmer temperatures for a few days..
Not even gonna try in weather under 40*

·
Registered
747 Posts
I haven't gotten that far in my swap yet, but all of my research suggests that if you use the 351 swap headers the Fox x-pipes will bolt up no problem. With that said, trans crossmember, and the trans itself should be taken into consideration for clearance. Might be worth picking up a cheap used pipe to check fitment, if it works great, if not re-sell it. LS1 tech has all sorts of info on theses swaps, lots of mustang guys there.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The pipes universal in aluminized cast 2 times what the jegs or summit univeral costs.... Maybe I can find a good deal on a used one. Before I was looking they were all over the place. now I cant seem to find a good deal on one LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts