Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 14" Alcon front brakes and I cant just go to a store to buy low dust ceramic pads because the caliper pad doesent cross with any production pads, that said I have no issue spending money on pads but I would like to get some low dust ones because the ceramic HAWK pads I have right now wich were supposed to be low dust are far from it! I have to clean my wheels every 2 days or they look S#!T brown, What are you guys running with good results?

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Unfortunately, I don't think anyone has found the magic performance pad that doesn't produce brake dust.

I have Stoptech Street Performance pads on my CTS-V now, and they're pretty good for dust, but they also don't grip nearly as well as the (dusty) Ferodo DS2500s I had on before.

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
The way I look at it is, if you have 14 inch Alcon brakes, you don't need hi-performance pads to get very high street performance out of them, and if you're worried about dusting in a track situation, well, that's another story or two.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The way I look at it is, if you have 14 inch Alcon brakes, you don't need hi-performance pads to get very high street performance out of them, and if you're worried about dusting in a track situation, well, that's another story or two.
This is my DD that I put 100 a day on so when I wash it and come home and my wheels are black its kinda depressing

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
So run street pads on it, you don't need anything more for the street with those brakes.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So run street pads on it, you don't need anything more for the street with those brakes.
I understand, but I have to buy hawk or similar type if pads because the alcon calipers don't use a pad from a car that I can buy at autozone I just want to know which ones produce the least amount of dust.

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
Are you running plain rotors, or are they slotted/drilled?

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
I understand, but I have to buy hawk or similar type if pads because the alcon calipers don't use a pad from a car that I can buy at autozone
What is the FMSI for the pads? Without knowing what pad shape you're looking for, you're going to be very limited in your options. With the actual FMSI number in hand, you'll probably find that there are plenty of different options out there.

I went ahead and did the homework for you. Based on the link below for the Hawk HPS pads, the Alcon caliper uses pads with the FMSI #D5. That FMSI also corresponds to Brembo and Porsche calipers, as you can see here, so you can probably find other pads options. However, the HPS pads that huesmann recommended will probably work out just fine for you.

huesmann said:
Hawk HPS then.
Like so.

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
But if his rotors are slotted/drilled they'll dust more even if he uses bricks for pads.

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
I haven't noticed any difference with slotted vs plain rotors on my Subaru.

·
Registered
365 Posts
HPS on my Brembos....Dust is acceptable.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Axxis Ultimate ( ULT ) pads are very good, don't dust too much. I use them on my street car as well as autocross car. Great stopping ability, even when cold.

Not sure if made for your specific calipers though:

Axxis Brake Pads for Ford

1 - 16 of 16 Posts