Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about buying a new stang.I'm not real familiar with the new modular motor.I was looking for a 89-93 project stang but I really can't swing having a project car right now.I'll probaly let the wife drive the stang until the new wears off and start making mods.How well do the mod motors hold up?How expensive are mods compared to the 5.0?I see it's rated at 260 HP is that rw or fw?

Billy

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
FirstOnRaceDay said:
Thinking about buying a new stang.I'm not real familiar with the new modular motor.I was looking for a 89-93 project stang but I really can't swing having a project car right now.I'll probaly let the wife drive the stang until the new wears off and start making mods.How well do the mod motors hold up?How expensive are mods compared to the 5.0?I see it's rated at 260 HP is that rw or fw?

Billy
Mod motor parts are expensive. The newer stangs are rated at 260 flywheel. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I would actually say that most mods are of similar cost to the 5.0. Bolt-ons and power adders are all about the same price. Heads etc. are more expensive and engine internals are also a bit more expensive, maybe by like 15-30% or so.

The mod motor is pretty reliable in stock form. It's just a basic four stroke motor, nothing exotic. It's fairly easy to work on, though due to some engine bay packaging issues (the motor is big) some areas can be tricky to get to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts