Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Bilstein rear shocks with H&R springs, HPM Megabyte Jr. lower control arms, Steeda upper control arms, and a MM Panhard Bar. I'm extremely happy with the setup, but...

ever since I put the car back together I have been getting this loud popping from the rear whenever I'm turning into a driveway and going over bumps. It's not all the time, just like I have to hit it the right way. Any ideas what it could be?

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
It's probably the HPM LCA's. Correct me if I am wrong, but don't they use either a solid bushing or extremely rigid urethane at the ends? If so this induces bind when your car goes into roll. Something has to give and it is usually the torque boxes, not a good thing. Sell the HPM's and get some MM or Pro-3i arms with sphericals and 3 piece poly bushings.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Glenn said:
It's probably the HPM LCA's. Correct me if I am wrong, but don't they use either a solid bushing or extremely rigid urethane at the ends? If so this induces bind when your car goes into roll. Something has to give and it is usually the torque boxes, not a good thing. Sell the HPM's and get some MM or Pro-3i arms with sphericals and 3 piece poly bushings.
I agree with Glenn. I had those LCA's and they did the same thing.
When I changed everything over to MM stuff. The popping was gone, and it never came back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts