2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Before my personal best was [email protected]
60-2.25
I2-6.05
I3-9.28
I4-12.07
[email protected]

I added these to my car: 3.73 from 2.73, E-fan, Phenolic spacer, Adj struts, Upper and lower CA's.

Today I ran a best of [email protected], I can't find the slip but here is another one.
60-2.37
I2-6.76
I3-9.88
I4-12.74
[email protected]

Ok what is wrong? I pulled consistent 15's all night. SAC Raceway. EMBARASSING!!!!! Am I that bad a driver that i lose .6 in one extra shift?

The only thing that I can come up with is that my tires are too small. 23" all around. I was using the same tires both trips. This last time no tread. 26" slicks are in order. Nitto 555r

on the plus saw a brand new Nissan GT-R. Brand new. I couldn't read the clocks because of glare but i swear it ran an 11.74.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I think you were prob spinning past the 60ft mark. if you are spinning or chirping the tires it doesn't take long to loose a half second. A set of slicks or 26" drag radials would help.

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
seen it a millions times, put gears in a stang along with a few toehr items and its slows down, gee...its the tires...

·
Registered
87 Posts
If you look at you slips you lost 0.71 in the 330' and only 0.74 in the 1320' so its all in the first 330'.

Your on streets tires and based on the 60's it seems to be a slick track. You are not able to use the 3.73 launch advantage and just about the time they hook you have to shift resulting in an earlier break in acceleration. The earlier the shift the more ET you lose during the shift. (Try slow shifting 1-2 versus 3-4 and see which effects your ET the most). Meantime the 2.73 is easier to keep hooked up and you are able to continue in 1st gear to a 37% higher speed resulting in more torque to the tires than with the 3.73 during that time period plus the later shift results in less ET loss during the shift. To take advantage of the potential harder launch of the 3.73 you need better traction.

Dont feel like the Lone Ranger as I lost around 2/10 with 4.10 on my car when running factory Pirellis (And thats at a very well prepped track). With ET Streets leaving bouncing off the rpm limiter the 4.10s are faster. I went back to 3.55 because I enjoy the challenge of a good launch on street tires (Best 1.85) and I dont like always having to change tires at the strip.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
you got 96 mph-99 mph what are the actual times! Give the best of the old to the new. But from what i can see is your making power sooner causing spinning, Look @ the 60ft. If you ran a best of 99 mph then the car is making some more power then it was so just get the car to hook and call it good.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Like someone else said, you lost it all in the first 330, you had no traction before now its worse because of the gears. Probably spinning thru 1st and halfway thru 2nd. Buy slicks or borrow slicks then bring a trailer for when you break an axle and then get axles and go much faster. Whay did you put an intake spacer on? Id yank that thing also.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
spacer was free from summit.

Traction was real bad had to pedal first, then when i got it under control i had to shift. second would chirp for a half second or so

1 - 13 of 13 Posts