Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just picked up this car. The details are in signature. The car has a 14psi tune and a 20 psi tune. Currently I'm just starting to mess with this car so I have a lot to learn.

When I bought the car off my friend I know it needed a tune. IT drives fine but when it hits either full boost setting it falls on it's face. Now that I have the car I can start looking at causes. (it could just need a retune as it's last tune was 12/11 and it sat ever since.

Today I watched Fuel pressure during condition. It's cruises at about 55psi but the more you get into it the more it goes down and under heavy boost it drops to about 48 psi. My experience with Grand nationals was that we were looking for 60psi WOT. Are these cars different?

The car has a cobra tank and I believe twin fuel pumps.

I'm also concerned the O2's are unplugged. The gauge has a Knock retard but it's either not functioning or reading no knock.

Where should I start looking? Also, I do plan to take it to the tuner when I get some free time. I know that's the best idea.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
The fuel pressure should rise 1lb for each lb of boost. If you start with 55lbs you should have 69 at 14psi boost. 55lbs of base pressure is high for most combos. Your fuel lines and/or pump can't keep up. You are going to damage something if you are that lean.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts