Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have my waste gate spring pressure at 10psi and i have a manual boost control that would take it to 14psi!

with my 5 speed tans shifting into third/ fourth i hit the 14psi right away then it drops down to wastegate spring pressure 10psi!

do i have a boost leak or a bad boost controller???

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
when does it hit 10psi? there is going to be some boost drop off unless you have something like a Eboost 2 which prevents that

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
i couldn't give you an exact rpm but example shift into fourth hit 14 psi then seems to drop straight to 10. doesn't do it slowly if thats whats your asking. just spikes at 14 then drops right to waste gate spring pressure

·
Registered
370 Posts
My Turbosmart MBC does that. I switched to some homemade one that a friend made and it still does it but way less.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea min is some home made one now! i think it is a bleeder type with the spring and ball so im assuming this is the problem! i dont see how a boost leak could keep me at w/g pressure i think im going to try a hallman

i wouldnt mind if it did it over the rpm range but right away is a no no

·
Registered
258 Posts
Its because your boost seen is from the turbo. When you shift you are closing your throtlebody for a second and the boost backs up in the charge pipe spiking the boost. Need to have the boost gauge reading the maniflod pressure after the throtlebody.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts