Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into running E85 with stock block is it worth the swap? What size fuel pump would I need? At what point would the stock lines be to small? Running 60lb injectors with a 255 intank. Also I'd like to ditch the intercooler as I have no room for a/c and would like to put it back on.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I think with stock lines and block your wasting your time. You need 30%
More fuel with e85 and the stock lines barely handle a turbo 302 running gas. Allen peake on here has done it and seems to like it but it seems like a waste of money for a stock setup if u are already tuned on gas. I am in the process of going e85 myself but am going a lot bigger than so it dosent really apply.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, so what size lines and what fuel pump would I need to run up to 600HP ? Id like to go Dart 331 one day and want to start putting together stuff I can grow into.

Would it be possible to ditch the intercooler with E85?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I'm no expert but have been doing a ton of research. I've seen guys running -6 feed lines with a good pump and having good luck. I'm running the glens 1000 hp fuel system and am gonna push it hopefully to about 750 to the rear tires. On the inter cooler issue the cooling effects of e85 are awesome. Some strictly drag cars don't even run a radiator. Im gonna run mine at first and the After my tune is sorted out I'm gonna take it out.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Stock lines will handle 590rwhp on gas. E85 is NEVER a waste as it will help keep ur engine cooler and it is highly resistant to detonation. E85 does require about 30% more volume and flow. -6 is a good idea for feed and return lines.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
So if stock lines will only support 590 on gas then with e85 413 would be max. Gonna run out of fuel real fast with a turbo car.

·
Registered
444 Posts
timing locked at 20deg with an svo rpm extender maxed with 10:1 afr on dial and a ton of fuel pressure 60psi vac line off stock lines and 42lbs summit triple squiters and a holey force fed pump i did 10lbs of boost and ran a fat 10:9 afr with a 5speed shifting at 6800 when i switched to c4 shifting at 5800 was geting close to runing out of fuel 11:5 afr by end of a run street passes. going to pump gas since need to back some power down anyhow due to a 95cobra short block

·
Registered
91 Posts
I am going to build my turbo coupe here in a few. Going E-85. Planning on running a pair of walbro 255lph pumps in tank, -8 fuel line going through a stainless element -8 fuel filter then split it up feeding each fuel rail. Splitting back through a Aeromotive or fuel lab Fuel pressure regulator to the stock return line.

I built a fuel system for E-85 on a buddies turbo Fox, we ran a External magna fuel pump -12 feed, -10 return, large custom fuel rails, 220lb injectors etc.. Havent even gotten close to maxing out the fuel pump yet and its making around 811whp through a glide on low boost.

Lawrence

1 - 10 of 10 Posts