Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am looking to buy my first mustang here in the next few months. I look to have around a 15K budget. I am looking for a well built 88-93 street car (notch preferably) that will see a lot of track time. This will NOT be a daily driver. I have been out of the car scene for around 15 years, so just from reading in the forums I can tell lots has changed... I came from the sbc world growing up, but I was always intrigued by mustangs in high school. Now that I am an adult and have a good job (jet engine mechanic) I would like to take a shot at a project car again...

Things I want for my future car...
88-93 Notch preferably
fuel injected
supercharged
reliable, I know that can be far fetched...
niceish interior, the wife will ride with me sometimes and I don't want to hear her complain to much.
I do not want to build a car, I want to buy someones car and add to it/maintain it.

What are things I need to look for when I go to see a car?

What are questions I need to ask before I even go look, some cars that are catching my eye are over 500 miles away, I don't want to drive that far to go see junk.

What are common problems with these year mustangs?

Where are the good spots online to find something similar to what I described.

What am I forgetting most importantly.

Thank you in advance for any help you may provide.

·
Premium Member
2,573 Posts
Hello all,

I am looking to buy my first mustang here in the next few months. I look to have around a 15K budget. I am looking for a well built 88-93 street car (notch preferably) that will see a lot of track time. This will NOT be a daily driver.

, the wife will ride with me sometimes and I don't want to hear her complain to much.

These two things do not go together...Lol

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These two things do not go together...Lol
I know I know, but she will complain less if it isn't a gutted race car... Then again I might just a F#$# it. All depends on what comes available when I am ready to purchase.

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
A well built car that will hold up at the track can probably be found for $15K, but you better know what you are looking at and looking for.

There are few builds that are actually "well built", especially for the quad combo of speed, drivability, appearance, and reliability. But $15K should buy one if you can find it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts