Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Do not use that kit. It's ill fitting and requires a massive amount of material to be removed from the caliper. Plus it does not fit the 14" rotor well at all.
I basically threw my kit away.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
which kit are you referring too?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Yup. This kit is junk. Brackets need serious massaging. The calipers need to be clearanced by at least 3/16" across the entire back of the caliper. The caliper does not fit the 14" disk worth a crap.. and yes I used 18" wheels.
I stand behind the statement that this kit is junk.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Yup. This kit is junk. Brackets need serious massaging. The calipers need to be clearanced by at least 3/16" across the entire back of the caliper. The caliper does not fit the 14" disk worth a crap.. and yes I used 18" wheels.

Thanks, are there any other kits on the market to do 14" without going aftermarket?

·
Registered
167 Posts

Thanks for sharing. That's good to know for sure.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Oh awesome! So how do you like it versus stock? Was it a big improvement and how are the street manners? I would imagine it would be great especially since out cars are a little lighter than the later generation cars. And it looks really great!
I haven't had any issues out of it at all. Didn't have to modify anything about the caliper or brackets.
In normal driving you aren't going to notice much of anything. I rarely have an opportunity to push the car long enough to encounter any brake issues even with the stock Cobra brakes but I'm sure these would be a bit better in that type situation. Lot more rotor to take the thermal heat buildup.
For me it was a matter of my old 13" Cobra brakes needed a rebuild anyways so I got these to better fill the wheels out.
They are tight on my wheels clearance wise. Wouldn't fit inside some Rovos Durban wheels I had.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I can sell you the S197 kit that has been fit to my fox body. All you will need is Gt500 rotors and the appropriate brake lines.
I have some Cadillac calipers I'm swapping in. I'll give you a great deal on it. Probably about 100 miles on the kit. Calipers are painted a silver. Works as it should.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I can sell you the S197 kit that has been fit to my fox body. All you will need is Gt500 rotors and the appropriate brake lines.
I have some Cadillac calipers I'm swapping in. I'll give you a great deal on it. Probably about 100 miles on the kit. Calipers are painted a silver. Works as it should.

thanks but looking for 6 piston set up thanks tho

·
Registered
438 Posts
I still have this brand new set-up

·
Registered
456 Posts
The Wilwood Kit is a good kit. I have the 13" (12.88") rotors currently, but will be upgrading to the 14" after my engine swap.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts