Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after the carnage in NMRA Ohio last weekend, Im in search of some untouched stock GT40 Iron heads, if anyone has 1 or a pair of heads, im looking, PM please.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
"the real deal"? the cobra castings and explorer castings are the same:) They are both the "real deal"
Jesse

·
Registered
16,644 Posts
Wrong!
The Cobra ones have smaller chambers and drilled for smog..
Some Explorer heads have the same casting # as the '93 Cobra ones,like the ones I have (F3ZE-AA),and are also drilled for smog,but have the thermactor plugs on both ends.I know the actual Cobra heads were milled down at the factory though.

·
Registered
16,644 Posts

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Original 93 Cobra had F1 castings.The chamber is 61-63cc.The 3 sets of 96 Explorer heads I have had no smog holes drilled.Not saying some might of but in my experience they were not.94-95 Cobra heads did have F3 castings as did the lightnings.

·
Registered
16,644 Posts
Original 93 Cobra had F1 castings.The chamber is 61-63cc.The 3 sets of 96 Explorer heads I have had no smog holes drilled.Not saying some might of but in my experience they were not.94-95 Cobra heads did have F3 castings as did the lightnings.
Hmmm,well,from everything I've researched there seem to be a lot of variations on them.I cc'ed mine,and they came out to 63 cc's,but they are in the machine shop getting milled down .030 at the moment.:evilgrin:

·
Registered
142 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hey Johnny, I of course have no GT 40 heads but just wanna say keep up the good work man...hope to see ya at the track soon!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts