Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering how many tracks are in this area. Heading to Ft Eustis and im trying to see where I need to go to drag race a little. How strict are the rules and the cost to get in etc. Around here they say nothing pretty much unless your in a Drag event.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Closest is Richmond Dragway....I live about 5 miles from it...hit me up when you want to go...

·
Banned
168 Posts
I'm too new to Corral to post links to urls so:

1/8 mile: northeastdragway(dot)net
1/8 mile: outerbanksspeedway(dot)com
1/4 mile: virginiamotorsportspk(dot)com
1/4 mile: richmonddragway(dot)com

If you live in VA Beach the closest track is North East Dragway. If you live near Ft. Eustis then Richmond Dragway is closest.

Northeast is ok. They look for a roll cage when you're in the 6s. Some people complain about track prep for Friday night Test and Tunes. Right lane is faster. Pretty laid back though. $20 to run $10 to spectate.

Richmond I've only been to for track rentals. Left lane has a large dip/crater after the 1/8th.

You should check out the local car forums:

vadriven(dot)com
tidewaterracing(dot)com

·
Registered
66 Posts
Richmond dragway has just paved some more parking areas and replaced some of the launch pad. I wen't there one day recently when Virginia Motosports Park had a Super Chevy day and it hadn't changed from 35 yrs ago. They had a great show that day including a bunch of bad ass chevys It seeems there trying to put some money back into the facility. VMP on the other hand is a wonderful facility but its probably 1 1/2-2 hrs from Fort Eustis. I'am pretty lucky as I'am 30 minutes from either

Barryb

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks Ben and thanks Fox84.. 4 tracks with in my range sounds great. I will be stationed @ Eustis but im looking for the best high schools for my son, so I could be 20 min away. I heard some rumors about gangs and drugs, also heard the school system in some areas are awful. I will check out some of the local mustang clubs. Any clubs that just race? I love racing no matter what car!

·
Banned
168 Posts
There's close to 2 million people in the Hampton Roads area so yeah there's drugs. I've heard about MS-13, Bloods, and Crips being here but I've never seen any gang activity in the 20 years I've lived here.

Virginia Beach has decent public schools and plenty of good private ones. Avoid Green Run and Bayside. Best bet for public school would be First Colonial, Cox, or Ocean Lakes. Can't really comment on any other cities though.

Pretty big car scene here both import and domestic. Regular Auto-X and Drift events along with lots of car shows. Not sure of any clubs that just race. Check out the car forums I listed in my first post.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I spend a lot time in Hampton (boat in marina). I don't live there but that seems like some nice neighborhoods there. Watch out for Newport News. The only thing I don't like about the area is the trafic. All the bridges and tunnels back up constantly!

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok thanks ! Yea I know there drugs but when i say drugs i mean like a serious problem in schools i guess. How is the willamsburg?? Looking like the area that we leaning towards! Looks to be pretty expensive out there..LOL!!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Ok thanks ! Yea I know there drugs but when i say drugs i mean like a serious problem in schools i guess. How is the Williamsburg?? Looking like the area that we leaning towards! Looks to be pretty expensive out there..LOL!!
I have also lived here for more than 20 years and drugs are not as much an issue - to me it would seem to be the norm. If you are interested in Williamsburg, bring your checkbook.

The two sites that were listed earlier..... vadriven IMO is more a ricer board, everything you say is criticized and argued over..... Tidewaterracing is more for the serious. There are some pretty decent cars and guys in the area....

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds like I have some index racing in my future. Well in Williamsburg we found some decent price houses. I do not plan on shoping there , i will use post and my tax free benifits! Does anyone have High school kids in here in the area?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Check PM Nuttz

1 - 14 of 14 Posts