Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cars makes 600rwhp and weighs 3590 race weight.my current setup is tokico illumina 5 way struts and shocks,eibach prokit springs,steeda lower rear control arms with stock uppers.on 26 in slicks or drag radials i get 1.70s lauching around 4k rpm.i have some rear adjustable uppers i might try along with new struts and shocks but looking for something that still provides good street manners

·
Registered
918 Posts
I just posted a thread about making any changes to my setup, I'm at about 650hp through a 3650(hahahaha!) stock rear suspension stock rear end and 275 s/s radials and cut a 1.3 60' launching at 3500rpm. Are you spinning, bogging? I am living proof you should definitely be cutting a 1.4/1.3 time, then resulting in your 10sec pass!

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will try disconnecting the front sway bar next time out.will put my rear upper adjustable arms in and see what it does.
Crucial,what is your setup and what does your car weigh and do you use a 2 step?

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What setting do you run on the qa1 shocks ?i was thinking about trying those with my steeda rear upper adjustable arms.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Cars makes 600rwhp and weighs 3590 race weight.my current setup is tokico illumina 5 way struts and shocks,eibach prokit springs,steeda lower rear control arms with stock uppers.on 26 in slicks or drag radials i get 1.70s lauching around 4k rpm.i have some rear adjustable uppers i might try along with new struts and shocks but looking for something that still provides good street manners
Stock springs will do a better job of transferring weight then lowering
springs.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Is it the progressive spring rate or the fact that it's overall taller spring? I'd like to lose a couple inches out of ride height but not if I'd sacrifice performance.

·
Formerly known as 89 steeda
734 Posts
What tire you on?? Something not right for sure.

My 83 Tbird is 3600lb and only makes 400 at wheels and pulls 1.61-1.66 every pass. Replacement KYB shocks n struts, SN95 coils, all stock GT sway bars hooked up,stock rear lowers, CHE adjustable uppers set to -2 and I use ET Street R 26x10.5 tires.

This was a 1.61 60ft

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm on a 26*10 et drag stiff side wall.i think will a higher launch and less tire pressure it should 60ft much better.that was the first and only pass on the car so I'm sure it will get better with seat time

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have to figure out the sweet spot with the new viper t56 with a 2.66 1st gear.i run 4.10gears

·
Registered
918 Posts
That would be an interesting thought. With 1st gear, that rear gear, and a 26" tire, what kinda mph are you hitting? I did a little research on shift points using my dyno chart and plugged it into a formula to help me choose a taller tire with stock gear. There seems to be some trade off with 60' and big end mph.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mph was 126,i shift at 6k but was going through the traps at 6500.

·
Registered
23 Posts
x2 on disconnect swaybar
dont expect much from lowering springs
have a spotter check where you launch to see if your slightly spinning 1 tire faster

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update.found out that both my rear lower control arms were broke.my rear sway bar completely broke of from the welds where the mounting tabs are.also found some hairline cracks in the control arms.i replace the stock uppers with some adjustable uppers and went with some qa1 lowers.just have to get the pinnion angle dial in now.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yup
Last couple of weeks people were telling me that my rear sway bar look really low.turned out to be broken sway bars.picked the car up today and with the new lower and upper control arms the car feels more planted in the rear.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts