Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a 351 with a FMX transmission in a 67 mustang. It had the wrong rear end. Its too wide for the car. I have new springs and need a rear diff. Where would I look? This is not a race car, just a good looking driver. I restored it from junk. Its at the body shop now. When it comes back, I need to do the interior and rear diff. Engine is done, except the headers. Having a hard time finding ones that fit the rack and pinion connversion. It now has power front disc brakes and AC. Digital dash.

Me and my son did from ground up.

Its a customer car.
David

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found this when I split the motor and transmission. I had the transmission rebuilt and bought a rebuilt 351W.

Yes, It got a new flex plate and set of proper bolts.

Before

On its first trip to the body shop to have the engine bay painted.

This is the rear end in it now, I can see where the shock mounts and coil spring seats were torched off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a vidieo of the engine running and doing a burnout. Don't know how to upload a vidieo.

Thanks for the help.

The fastback was cut off another car and welded on this one. I had nothing to do with that. Floor pans had been replaced . They were glued in, but not welded to the subframe. Car was a total mess.
David

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts