Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm stationed at Ramstein and was looking for some Mustangers in Germany. Looks like Bitburg is going to be running every month this year. It wasn't a bad showing this weekend but I know there's more out there. Shoot me line and let me know your out there.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure where that is. How far from Ramstein is it. I have a couple of pals with some stangs that might want to tag along. What are you waiting for on the gears? What kind of speed have you reached on the bahn. Mine tops out at 160 MPH and she's pulling some serious RPM with the 3.73's. That's pretty much my limiter and my speedo is pegged.

·
15,473 Posts
I left Ramstein in October.

http://paradox.shacknet.nu/dave88lx/vids/autobahn1.mpg

That's ~ 135-140MPH according to a calculator. That was 3rd gear, 1:1. FUUUUUUUUUUUN!

My LX is still over there actually. Cool guy over there to look up is Nick Allen, he's in the 1st Combat Comm Sq. He goes by nick89302 on here. Has that White ex-cop car w/ the Cobra rims. Guy knows his ****. Knows enough to break my car anyways LOL j/k! :p
We went up to Bitburg one day, had a blast up there.

Here's some pics from Aug '02 when I went to Bitburg:

http://paradox.shacknet.nu/dave88lx/Bitburg10Aug02/

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi,

I missed last weekend because of work. When are they running in June? Bitburg is a couple hours away from Stuttgart. Top speed is in the unknown range.

Dan

·
Registered
194 Posts
I've been at Ramstein since March, there are alot of stangs here but no clubs. This is my second time around at Ramstein and I have to say that we need to start a club or a gathering.

·
15,473 Posts
Yeah man, you need to represent! Put down Kutsuju! LOL...are they still around? All the top dogs of that club left around the same time as I did.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I guess it'll take 3 hours to get there.

I finally have the 4.10 installed, actually I got 2nd differential with the gears.
My car toped out 158mph with stock gears past 7k rpm in 4th gear.
Now the car runs past 160mph at 6k rpm in 5th gear.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think they are running on the 6th and 7th. I'll be there but the wife has the get her shot at racing so she'll be there in full force. Walczkd, I just put a set of 4.10's in a red 96 Cobra from your way. I think it was you he was talking to me about. He had some good things to say about you.

Kutsuju is still around but definetly not anything to be concerned with. most of them are just a low ridder with a fart pipe and some snow tires.

If anyone in the Ramstein area would like to meet up and ride to Bittburg together let me know. We'll set up a meeting place.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi,

That sounds like Jim. He has wanted gears for a while. I wish my car was as clean as his is. Hopefully I don't have to work that weekend.

Dan

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Walczykd- Not sure who took to photos of the 1on1 in that link but they loaded up on my Cobra. That's my black one with the SSR's. The Black vert next to it is a buddy of mine. I built him a nasty littel street motor and he's loving it. I had to get him out of his F-body and convert him to the blue oval. He's hooked for life. Jim's loving the gears but wants a six speed.

So who's going to Bitburg? My wife will be running the Cobra at the next one. Any challengers?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
96gt_Czech I can work the gears inside and out but never jumped on the 4.6 heads. I've built the fox bodies from the ground up but just started learning the 4.6. I plan on tearing mine down this winter when I put it up. I want to get the heads P&P with bigger valves and springs. I've looked in the manuals and it looks like a typical OHC set up. What are you looking at getting for yours? I'd definetly be interested in it. Let me know if I can help you out.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have an auto - mine seems to top out at about 120-125. It might be because one of the earlier owners may have put in a different speed display and botched up putting the needle on right. It SEEMS accurate enough - but it was moved to Canada (or manufactured in the US and sold in Canada). If it was done by the factory, it's fine... who knows. I'll have to have a friend drive side-by-side with me to figure out how "accurate" this is.

You in the service Blue 4.6, or native European?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts