Ford Mustang Forums banner

Looking for knowledge on rear suspension setup.

863 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  BlueStangGTcoupe86 
#1 ·
Have coilovers all 4 corners, TRZ IC brackets on rearend, baseline LCA's, Wolfe Racecraft UCA's, car is 27.5from concrete floor to fender lip in rear, 25.75 from floor to fender lip in front. This is all the measurements is have came up with, but I do not know really what I'm looking at and what the effect of changing this that and the other are. Can someone kinda tell me if I'm in the ballpark or if am not explain why? 275/60 radial pro, supercharged 306, 450-470@ the tires C4 4800 stall 4.30 gears. Strange single adjustable rears & LW 90/10 fronts. Car has footbraked 1.45 60ft. Since going transbrake haven't been able to get off the line. Have tried 18-21psi. Any input/advice/criticism is welcome, thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I see you are using the baseline calculator. Email kevin slaby, the owner, and he will help you tremendously. I make around 360-370 rwhp amd was cutting 1.8x 60fts on et streets. We exchanged several emails as he walked me through the plotting. Next time out, I managed a bunch of low 1.6x and a best of 1.58.

Joe

Reactions: wikedwindsorII
#4 ·
The TRZ LCA mounts have like 6 or 7 holes adjustable up and down. Like 5 inches. I had the control arms in the lowest hole. Had no idea really what I was doing. I emailed Baseline and got a quick answer. Now the LCA is 100% parallel with the ground. Hopefully it corrects it a day cuts the 60''s I'm hoping for next time out. Gonna wait for cooler day. Th is 105° Midwest heat sucks. Maybe next friday/Saturday

#5 ·
Best advice is get it on video and post it.

However looking at your plotting, IMO the AS is way too high. For a radial they do require a higher AS than a slick but not that high. I'd say around the 130-140 range. So that would mean your IC should be a little farther out. Low 40's.

Also ditch the LW. Great shock for low powered cars but they do come up too fast. You probably need to slow the front down.

my $.02

-Mark

#6 ·
Best advice is get it on video and post it.

However looking at your plotting, IMO the AS is way too high. For a radial they do require a higher AS than a slick but not that high. I'd say around the 130-140 range. So that would mean your IC should be a little farther out. Low 40's.

Also ditch the LW. Great shock for low powered cars but they do come up too fast. You probably need to slow the front down.

Here footbraking it hooked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBDJLcHDQ0g

Here is what it does off transbrake(also added 3lbs boost)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKXIf2ZastI

Here is where I have the suspension set that I am going to try hopefully next friday/Saturday. Track is closed this weekend. Lower control arm is now 100% parallel with the ground.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.