Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
There's alot of information that has already been convered on those tires, try the search function.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Tires

First off tell us more about the car. What do you use the car for? What are you expecting out of the tires? What are you willing to pay?

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First off tell us more about the car. What do you use the car for? What are you expecting out of the tires? What are you willing to pay?
My is not a daily driver it's my weekend for fun road trips. Wanting to start to autocross, some track time and drag race once in a while.

1988 coupe, full rear griggs suspension, Front stock k member konis yellows,caster kits, baer brakes,TKO 600, 347motor

looking to spend no more the $700

17/40/255 front

17/40/275 back

·
Registered
108 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
First, not all of them are going to be available in both 255 and 275 sizes, typically alot of the tires are available in one size or the other.

I have a track buddy who used the Direzza's last year and was damn fast on them, liked them for road manners too. I would personally stay away from Sumitomo and Fusions, I've never heard a good thing about them other than they're cheap (that's why everyone selling knock off wheels on e-bay sells them as part of a "wheel and tire combo"). The Azenis are used by quite a few people and they seem to like them for an all-around tire. Same with the Kumho's. Personally of the tires listed, I'd go with the Dunlops but they don't make 275s in the 17" size. You should also check out the Nitto NT05s.

·
Super Moderator
27,653 Posts
could you be a little more helpful
Let me put it in very plain terms: You're not finding info on the Fuzion tires because they suck, and nobody who knows any better will even consider them in the same league as any of the other tires you listed. But as of now, you know better, so carry on with your search so all the great detail that's been written about the other tires already won't go to waste.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I have been looking for tires looking for in put. here is a few I have these and they have to the worst tire I have ever had
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Sumitomo&tireModel=HTR+Z+II

Been looking at these

Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1

AZENIS RT-615

Fuzion ZRi

Kumho Ecsta XS

Kumho Ecsta MX
Of this list, only the Dunlops and Kumho XS are worth consideration. The rest are bunk. Yes, I have tried them all. I personally prefer the Dunlops over the Kumho XS due to stiffer sidewalls.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 do not come in a 17/40/275
That has been said. But they do work very well in a 255/40 all around on a '96 Cobra. :rolleyes: But if you are more concerned with the staggered look, you've just cut down your choices to one...

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Let me put it in very plain terms: You're not finding info on the Fuzion tires because they suck, and nobody who knows any better will even consider them in the same league as any of the other tires you listed. But as of now, you know better, so carry on with your search so all the great detail that's been written about the other tires already won't go to waste.
:)

I don't think anyone has covered anything with the NT05's....certainly not me. :salute:

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have 245/45/17 Dunlops on my 97 GT for daily street/autoX use. I just did a two day lapping day event. The first day I was using some pretty old Hoosiers and Kumho 710's. I finally killed them Saturday afternoon and did todays run on my Dunlops. They didn't have quite as much grip as the R tires... but they definately rocked for a street tire!

Car & Driver just did a tire comparo and they rated the Dunlop as their #1 tire. It wasn't as fast as the Kumho XS but it was much better in the rain than the XS.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Given how close the two tires (Star Spec vs XS) in similar sizing combined with the fact that XS can be run in 275 vs the Star Spec at 255 max, the XS should be the faster dry tire.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts