Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The cruise control on the new car doesn't work and I figured I would start with the fuse. Does anyone know which it is? I went though the fuse layout in the owner's manual and couldn't find which it is. Everything else seems to be working so I am not sure if it is grouped in with other systems like the others or if there is a separate fuse somewhere. Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Check the clutch switch under the dash. My alum. quadrant (the one that replaces the plastic from the factory) was preventing the clutch switch from opening fully. The clutch switch is what tells the car you've stepped on the clutch and to turn off the cruise control and also allows you to start the car.

Also, check your cable on the TB and make sure it is intact.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Eric, I will check those.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wait a second...I think I disconnected the cable when I was working on the car when I first got it. I bet I forgot to reconnect. Thanks for the smack in the head...I needed that.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Duh, sure enough I forgot to reconnect the cable when I was working on the car...thanks for the heads up Erik

·
Registered
742 Posts
Haha.. I've done that a few times myself. I've also blown a fuse for the rear tail lights on my 93 GT before. Got real scarry when I was rolling along with cruise control set to 85 and I tapped the breaks and it wouldn't disengage and would speed right back up. After about 20 seconds of screaming "Oh ****!" I finally tapped the clutch and it disengaged the clutch. Didn't even occur to me to just turn it off. Anyway, glad you figured it out and it was a simple "fix".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts