Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to pull the trigger on two precision 6766 billet turbos. I am looking for feedback on them if you had them or are running them. I've read some sealing issues with them but looks like you can run a restrictor to fix that issue.
I'm trying to sort out all the bs that you read online.
Any feedback is great. Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
I will be running twin 6766 billet wheels. Everything I read and have seen on a friend's PTE setup that caused leaking was due to the return line. You shouldn't need a restrictor for them. -4 feeds and -10 or .625" minimum return should do the trick. Good luck!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Those turbo's will support 1850hp on paper. How much power are you trying to make? I've had good luck with the pte cea billet lineup. Have since switched to bw for price reasons and they typically do the same thing size for size.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm shooting for 1200rwhp. I'm getting into roll racing events. I was at 968 with a 4l wip. I've read good things about these but also bad. Thank for the feedback on the line sizing. Anybody else out there running them?

·
Banned
168 Posts
I'm shooting for 1200rwhp. I'm getting into roll racing events. I was at 968 with a 4l wip. I've read good things about these but also bad. Thank for the feedback on the line sizing. Anybody else out there running them?
Not running those particular units but ball bearing turbos don't need as much oil as journal bearings. Some bb turbos come with a restrictor, others require you to add it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good info. Are you running percision turbos? Are they holding up? Thanks

·
Banned
168 Posts
Good info. Are you running percision turbos? Are they holding up? Thanks
Previous car had a Turbonetics GT3571 BB that required a restrictor. Current car has a journal bearing Turbonetics 62mm turbo. Once the stock bottom end pops I'll be looking at PTE BB turbos.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I ordered two Turbonetics 6668 turbos instead of my usual Precision turbos because I heard so many bad things about Precision quality lately.

Unfortunately, Turbonetics still hasn't sent me my turbos over 2 months later!!

Can't win!!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2 months?! I couldn't wait that long. I know I have been reading so many mixed reviews. Seems like a lot of them relate to install error and to much oil pressure causing seal failure. I'm still on the fence about them.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
2 months?! I couldn't wait that long. I know I have been reading so many mixed reviews. Seems like a lot of them relate to install error and to much oil pressure causing seal failure. I'm still on the fence about them.
Luckily I'm in no hurry to put my twin kit on...I'm still shooting for an 8 second pass with my single 76mm kit...car went 9.40 with 18 psi and crappy 60' last year, so hoping to squeak an 8.99 out of it with MAX boost...whatever that might be? 25 psi maybe?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
anyone else???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts