Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for 1982-1990 Dominator Mustangs sold from Summit Ford in Lee’s Summit Missouri. This was a special edition sold only from this dealership. Its not to be confused with the JBA Dominator Mustang. They are identified by a Dominator Sticker on the fender well above the 5.0 emblem. I am working on a registry of the cars. Please feel free to contact me with any information you may have on these cars.

Here is a picture of a Black 85 and a Red 86 Dominator.

Looking in my Gallery to see picture

Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
464 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for posting up the pic!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anybody Shine up their Dominator Mustang Today?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Somebody has to have seen one of these in their Lifetime! Tell me about it!

·
Registered
15 Posts
It’s been a long time since I’ve seen one out on the road or for sale…In the late 80’s and early to mid 90’s…I would see them from time to time either out street racing or at shows. I remember a white T-top 87 that was over in Missouri…that would be a cool car to have today. I also remember something about a guy that claimed to have an 84 GT350 anniversary Dominator… Also thinking back there was a guy that had a bunch of the stickers made up and gave them out…I know there were some fake Dominators running around KC, so unless people can prove that their Dominator came from Summit Ford, all you need is a KC DSO on you car and a sticker to claim that’s it’s a Dominator….How many do you have in your registry? Is there any info out there on production #’s and options…I heard everthing from Summit Ford was changing engines out, cam swaps, cutting off cats…to just a factory 5.0 with a sticker….KC has a lot of 5.0 history with the Dominator and Twister II’s…..

There was an 85 Twister on craigslist in Hutch last fall…I emailed that guy a bunch of times and never got a reply…It was an canyon red automatic car..that was a 1 of 1 car, I hope whoever bought it knows what it is…

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anybody seen one? Own One?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still looking for these Sweet Cars!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anybody seen one of these at a Car show?

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
whats so great about these cars?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey thanks for posting.. FEP is a great site for Fox Mustang info! I am one of the primary guys who has posted the info that is on there about the Dominators.

You might want to head over to Four Eyed Pride

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bump Getting back into warmer weather! If you spot a Dominator Mustang owner out at show or cruising this Summer! Send em my way!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Still looking for Dominator Mustang Owners!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Found a couple more Dominators in the last week! So there are still cars out there to be found! Keep an eye out!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Ran into one of these about 10yrs ago and local car dealership. At the time I knew nothing about them. I looked at the car when it was on the lot and thought to myself, what a nice car but would someone go and put those stickers on it. Stupid me. Ran into the guy that bought it a few years back. Apparently when he bought he had no idea what it was either. After buying it he started researching them and found out what it was. Last I knew i believe he was more less restoring it. It's been quite a while though.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Interesting! Hey if you run into him again, or think of a name. Be sure to send him my way! Do you recall what year it might have been?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Interesting! Hey if you run into him again, or think of a name. Be sure to send him my way! Do you recall what year it might have been?
It was an 85 or 86. I'm almost positive it was an 85, i seem to remember it being carb'd. It was red, forget what color int.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What area of the country was this? I have a guy in South Dakota restoring one in my registry. Its the Dark Red. I remember several bright red ones back in the day, but have not seen one in many years.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I worked at Summit Ford in 87-88 and sold several mustangs with the Dominator Package. If memory serves me correctly it was a $1295 upgrade at the time and included some secret hm,hm mods and a sticker package. According to my friends in the shop there were no real mods made to the car after 86. I sold one to one of my friends and the damn thing didnt even have upgraded headers. The package was added to many deals in order to increase the price to help cover an upside down trade in.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts