Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After frying my clutch this past weekend I am about to get started with installing a new clutch, flywheel, long tubes, tubular k-member, and coil over kit. I was looking for any advice that anybody had to give about any part of the install. Thanks, Jeff

·
Registered
693 Posts
Wow it sounds like you're about to have some FUN! First I'd suggest:
A pair of hands, plenty of time, a little patience, and some beer (open in case of emergency!)
The install shouldn't be too much of a trouble being your have the tools, the engine supported from above, and a spare set of hands. Are you doing this on a lift with a dolly of sorts? I was lcky enough to do this with my K install and it was very simple.
There are like 8 bolts(?) <2 @ rear on each side, 1 @ each side by coil spring and the motor mount bolts. you'll also need to remove the sway bar mounts 2 bolts @ each side> that really hold the k in place, becareful because while it is not extremely HEAVY, it's very bulky to move around. A cart would be nice, but two guys can manage it out from under the car.
Once the K is out, the headers should be a breeze, but sense I have not done a Cobra, I'll leave this part alone, b/c I think there are more tubes and what not on the 4v than the 2v.
Other than that, I don't know that I've really helped anyway, if you need more input, advice, or just need a break let us knwo whats up! Goodluck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts