Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put the Magna flow cat-back on last weekend and found it a bit too loud,. I want to go back to stock or use the 99+ stock system. THe Magna flow will be for sale as soon as I get the OEM pipes on.

If you have a set in or close to Baltimore, please drop me a line.

Marc

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Did you have the stock H pipe on with the Magnaflows or did you have an aftermarket X or H-pipe?

:confused:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hey, Marc. I'm interested in this thread because I've been thinking about getting a new catback. My current set-up is too loud, as well. Do you still have the facory h-pipe? You know you could always try getting some resonators from bassani. They screw into the tips and restrict some of the sound coming out. I've heard the bassani catback with and without the resonators and they make a good difference in volume level. Something else to consider...

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am running the Bassani X pipe with cats.
Thanks for the post on the resonators. I couldn't believe how much louder the Magna-flows were.
Marc

·
Registered
176 Posts
Are you sure you have Magnaflows and not Magnapacks? :confused:

I hae Magnaflows and they are only slightly louder than stock, with a real mellow tone. That is until I get on it:evilgrin:

The Magnaflows are flat and oval shaped. The Magnapacks are Round coffee can shaped. I'm not being a smart *** just curious. Cause I am fixing to get a BBK catted H.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Interested

I would be interested in purchasing your magnaflow cat back from you. Let me know what you want for it! Thanks!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the magna flows. The muffler is oval. With the Bassani's I get a drone at 2100. I bought the cat-bacs from Steve @ Houston Performance last week.

Marc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts