Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2004 GT vert. I'm surprised at how slow they are, although I probably shouldn't be.

I love the idea of not having to fabricate any parts and just bolting on a Kenne Bell and intercooler. I would be tuning myself, and will be adding a wideband, injectors, and maf to the mix myself. I'm not interested in pulling the motor and going forged. I just want to to keep a super reliable, fun daily driver. The vert is really nice, and I'm enjoying my mid life crisis, I just think I would enjoy it way more if it pulled harder.

Is anyone going a different direction and removing their 2.1 Kenne Bell from their 2v motor? I'd be interested in purchasing if its in great shape and not missing any brackets, etc.

These things look like they are hard to come by. I'm in Canada, so the new price tag of $5000+ supporting stuff multiplied by 1.4 brings a tear to my eye. It never hurts to ask if there is a cheaper alternative.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I'm pissing in to the wind here.
There are people wanting them in the for sale/wanted section that are un-answered.
I was hoping I'd get some more exposure here.

There has to be guys that wen't Kenne Bell, and have started looking for more and going Turbo.
Maybe the Kenne Bells just work that good, I don't know.

I'd look at turbo again, but after the misery with my turbo explorer, I just want a pre-fab kit that is easy. I want to bolt on, tune, and go. I had a v6 motor with an M90 on it and the instant torque was fun. I'm betting the instant torque on the Mustang GT would be a boat load of fun on the street. And, as I may have mentioned, this kit looks super easy to install. lol.

I'm betting come spring in a moment of weakness I'll just feed Kenne Bell my credit card number.

In the mean time, I can get a wideband installed and tested, and its probably easiest if I just get another SCT tuner and add the catch code to my already existing pro racer tuning package.

I guess we are all on this forum because we just can't leave things alone.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your not doing a very good job of talking me out of this.

·
Registered
21,756 Posts
THERE is nothing like instant power, as a twin screw delivers

I’ve driven turbo, and belt turbo, doesn’t compare

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
A properly sized KB will deliver as much hp as you want. Just like a small turbo will only get you so far, a small KB will only take yo so far.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The 2.1 is a perfect kit for a guy that doesn't want to pull a motor or anything like that.
That's me with this car.

400hp with instant torque would be amazing in this car on the street.

I'm so sold on this.

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
A 2.1 should net 16 + psi on a stout 302-347 sbf more than enough to get you in trouble.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I ran a kenne Bell and it was great no turbo lag it's instant even if your lugging it.
anytime the pedal goes down the boost is up

1 - 10 of 10 Posts