Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to put a K-member and coil overs in my car Notch over the winter. Car is pretty much all drag with very few street miles.
Wonder what y'all are running? Which spring height and weights?
Looking at Team Z and UPR Chrome Moly

·
Registered
115 Posts
Paracing also makes a nice kmember. They have a road race option that uses thicker metal and additional bracing if you are going to also use it on the street.

·
Premium Member
2,573 Posts
I have a QA1 in my car, 6 years and still going strong. Strange adj. up front coil overs with Hyperco UHT springs, 150 lb/in.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I second PA Racing.

ks
Thanks I will look into them also. I want to get the car's chassis and suspension all figured and dialed in before I start throwing more power into the mix.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Thanks I will look into them also. I want to get the car's chassis and suspension all figured and dialed in before I start throwing more power into the mix.
A quick "tip-o-the-cap" to you.. most people don't do that!

For most applications I think any k-member would do.. Until you get into the exotics engine wise. I've since become pretty friendly with Dave at Team Z, I've been to his shop, and I have to say the operation there is very nice. But go with which ever company YOU feel will give you the best customer service. Each part is going to operate the same, there's no real magic there...

As far as k-members (and a-arms for that matter) go, I personally have run a PA, AJE, Double AA Performance, and Finally a Racecraft..

From what I remember, I believe the PA had clearance issues when was running *big* tube kooks headers on the car, with a 8.2 deck piece. (roughly 10-12 years ago and the design could very well have changed since then) So I put the AJE in there, plus I think the AJE was moly at the time, and the PA was mild, I had also gone to a motor/mid plate set up and didn't need motor mount pads. Went to the Double AA piece in order to have a removable center section "just in case".. Finally ended up going to the Racecraft piece because I put a dry-sump motor in the car and had to get the outlaw k-member that went out in front of the motor to clear everything. 2010 time frame and I believe they were the only ones making those at the time..

These are just my experiences...

·
Registered
137 Posts
I Second Team Z, just ordered a bunch of their stuff and I am very impressed with it. Quality of the welds looks great, powder coating is very nice and the customer service has been excellent. As for the coil over stuff Strange Engineering is hard to beat for the price. I have a little heavier front end so I found #170 works well for me.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A quick "tip-o-the-cap" to you.. most people don't do that!
I was that person a few times already. I am slowly buidling this car to just be fun fun Sunday test and tune strip car for me. Just want to see how fast I can get my stick car to go.

What part of NOVA are you from? I am originally from Springfield and ran around in an Orange and Black Notch years ago.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I have a QA1 in my car, 6 years and still going strong. Strange adj. up front coil overs with Hyperco UHT springs, 150 lb/in.
thru
Amazing their how adapt that QA1 K member is. I think I have had mine now for ten or eleven years. Its ugly but haven't had any ideas of getting rid of it. I do think they have changed the design though from the early ones....... Been thru a lot of big changes. Headers, pans, shocks, blocks all that stuff. Never been out once. To the OP. Final round stick car. Everything is pretty much on it's OEM centers except for the wheel base. It gained a little there and had to remove some plastic in a few places to gain clearance from the front wheel rubs in the wheel house. Motor is in the same spot. My opinion, but I think DOM tubing is a lot more safer in an unsafe condition in that area. It is more malleable, elastic, and less brittle.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
I was that person a few times already. I am slowly buidling this car to just be fun fun Sunday test and tune strip car for me. Just want to see how fast I can get my stick car to go.

What part of NOVA are you from? I am originally from Springfield and ran around in an Orange and Black Notch years ago.
I live in Stafford, and work in Springfield.

I'm partners with John Sears on the whole X275 thing. So if you were ever at MIR's mid-night madness say 2008-2012 theres a good chance I was there..

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I live in Stafford, and work in Springfield.

I'm partners with John Sears on the whole X275 thing. So if you were ever at MIR's mid-night madness say 2008-2012 theres a good chance I was there..
Yeah I lived in worked in Springfield until this past May, I spent many a Friday night at Midnight Madness back then.

·
Registered
360 Posts
A lot of the guys around here that run the mustangs us the Teem Z parts and swear by it. I have a few friends that run in the 10.5 class and do very well with their set up.Roger

·
Premium Member
1,131 Posts
AJE here. Saw on their website 20% all orders FYI

·
Please call me Mike
1,594 Posts
I have a. AJE also. No real complaints except the lack of torque specs for their products, lack of detailed instructions and the ship time.

No torque specs for anything. Called them for front control arm torque spec. Jim was busy was going to call me back that was over a month ago.

Directions say a tad more than remove old part and install our part. Compare that to what maximum motorsports has.

Took a month to get it shipped out. I’m not sure if they were out or if these are built to order.

Quality is alright, fitment was fine. Powder coated over weld splatter. I didn’t care that it wasn’t chromoly. Car is a vert and will be heavier.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts