Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a while since I have frequent the Corral forums. I have been out of performance cars since 2003 when I sold my 90 Coupe, it just wasn't pratical for the family. Well I have the speed bug again, and been looking at a lot of cars being sold here on the board, which some of them are bad ass.. Anyway, there is a 2007 GT500 local, and I am scheduled to go look/test drive it on Saturday, but my question is, is there anything that I need to pay attention to when looking this car over? I appreciate any insight here..

Thanks

Here is a link to the dealership that is selling the car..

http://www.youngertoyota.com/Frederick-Ford-2007-Ford-Mustang-Shelby+GT500-1ZVHT88S975331944-used.html

·
Registered
490 Posts
It's been a while since I have frequent the Corral forums. I have been out of performance cars since 2003 when I sold my 90 Coupe, it just wasn't pratical for the family. Well I have the speed bug again, and been looking at a lot of cars being sold here on the board, which some of them are bad ass.. Anyway, there is a 2007 GT500 local, and I am scheduled to go look/test drive it on Saturday, but my question is, is there anything that I need to pay attention to when looking this car over? I appreciate any insight here..

Thanks

Here is a link to the dealership that is selling the car..

http://www.youngertoyota.com/Frederick-Ford-2007-Ford-Mustang-Shelby+GT500-1ZVHT88S975331944-used.html
A. They suck stock, don't let the dealer hype it up

B. That is a good dealer price, kinda "high miles" for a GT500 but any issues that it should have had would have been fixed by now

C. Wheelhop is horrific in them, like take the quad shocks off a fox and let her rip wheelhop.

D. A pulley, tune, intake, O/R X and a set of lower control arms, you got yourself a refined 11 sec badass Mustang that needs little else, just fill it with gas and enjoy

·
Administrator
53,617 Posts
Couple things when looking at that model year GT500-

You will want to upgrade the crank balancer. That year it was REALLY heavy and they changed it for 2008-up. In fact Ford says you HAVE to change it to the newer style if you plan to add boost or a better blower.
Also inquire about the clutch. The first generation had a poor design on the flysheel and were prone to fail. There was an upgraded clutch TSB on them. Regardless, consider upgrading to the 10- up clutch. That original clutch was REALLY grabby and stuttery.

IMHO you can find a newer car for less. Keep looking...

·
Registered
974 Posts
I have been following the 07-09 prices the last two years almost daily in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area and at almost any given time you can find at least 3-4 that have under 2,000 miles (many under 1,000) for 32-35k asking price. I would not pay that much for something with that many miles considering the barely driven cars for the same price.

Just get in craigs list and search around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts