Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found a 1994 lightning with 205k i have wanted a lightning for a long time and they dont come around to often. the guy is asking 5k for it he sent pics and parts lists and the vin. the truck looks great and he said everything works and its a great truck newer tires and breaks. interior looks good. so first question should i even think about it due to the milage? and is it worth 5k. its white and has the dual gas tanks (i hate the look of two fuel doors) i love the white its got the stock wheels but they were plasti diped black and its lowered (looks awesome). i am gona daily drive it and need it to be reliable and want it to be fun. any input will help thanks.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
if you need reliability with no backup vehicle, I would shy away. I've been in your position, looking for a Gen 1 lightning for about 3 years now. anything with under 100k around here is going for around $10k and I'm not ready to pay that price for that kind of truck yet. Especially when you can get $20-40k miles for like $14k.

The trucks do last a while, as I've seen a ton being sold with over 200k supposedly running fine but you know eventually in the next 50k it's probably going to require some major service. Especially if you use the truck the way it was supposed to be used. :)

·
Registered
16,645 Posts
Thread moved to appropriate forum.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. Sorry I posted in the wrong spot. Yeah I was kinda scared of the miles. Would it be cheaper/better to get an single cab short bed with a 351 and make it a fake lightning. I really just want to drive a muscle truck and always loved the lightnings and I love white trucks. I had a 91 single cab short bed with a 351 like 3 years ago but it was 4wd and I really want 2wd.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts