Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it true that if you install longtubes on a 2V 99+ GT that you have to remove the headers to drop the trans or replace a clutch? That would be a real pain and if its the case then I may have to rethink about getting some BBK longtubes. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Supposedly Hooker has some L/T's on the way that will cure this problem.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I have been told that you have a couple of choices.

1) remove the driver's side header and rotate the tranny and it will come out...

or

2) leave the bell housing in and remove the tranny by itself and then take the bellhousing out. You may scratch the inside of the headers, but that doesn't seem like a big deal to me. I will let you know, my SHM LT's will be here sometime this month.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So it is definite then that you have to take out the driver side header to remove the trans/clutch? That seems like a pain!

·
Registered
700 Posts
Can the tranny be removed separate from the bellhousing with the T45. I heard Mac headers have more room than BBK and that a clutch change is possible with Mac.

Ryan

·
Registered
20 Posts
T45 can't be removed separately from the housing since it bolts to the housing from the inside. I have BBK's and I do have to remove the pass. header and fish the tranny and header in at the same time. This should hopefully change when I get the TKO with a real housing that bolts from the outside.

·
Registered
147 Posts
After the install this weekend it really looks like you need to unbolt the pass/ side header to get it out. Thats why I did a clutch B4 the header install. Hopefully the stupid clutch will last a few weeks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts