Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be installing Mac longtube headers this weekend and I have a question about header bolts. Are stage 8 locking header bolts a good idea to get. I have heard that you need a stud or else you can strip and warp the head. If I need the stage 8 locking bolts then I need to order them now so I have them, so any input is welcome. I dont want a leak down the road.... Is it ok to re-use the stock gasket?

Also onto the clutch....

Is the clutch install difficult? I'm planning on using the stock quadrant, is that ok or do I need UPR or Steeda's unit?

I bought a Spec stage 2 clutch kit. Do I need to change the Pilot Bearing? Car has 13k on it so I didnt think I needed to but some say you need to. Also what kind of flywheel should I purchase. Should I just get the 99 Dollar Cast Iron replacement or get a Billett Steel flywheel. Will performance differ? I cant seem to find anywhere that will resurface my flywheel so im stuck buying a new one.

Thanks for all the help.

Ryan

·
Registered
80 Posts
I would get the stage 8 bolts better safe than sorry. Brothers has them for 39.99. Also since you got the mac headers I would get some good high temp paint and put a couple of coats on them. I would get a set of new Ford gaskets also. If you have the money right now I would get the UPR cable and quadrant. You sould be able to find a place to resurface your fly wheel i would keep looking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts