Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use 1/2" slip-on spacers up front with my track wheels, which hardly ever see action on the car (since the car hardly ever sees the track). I had some 3" ARP studs installed in the SN95 hubs a few years back, but with the street wheels that are on the car 99% of the time I would rather have shorter studs that allowed me to run closed end lug nuts.

Are there any middle ground options, something in between the stock SN95 length and the loooong 3" ARPs? I vaguely recall that when I was looking to buy my current studs that someone other than ARP made some that were 2.5", but I can't seem to find that now. Based on what I'm seeing for stock replacement parts, it appears the stock ones are 2", so 2.5" would allow me to run the 1/2" spacers and still use closed lug nuts. (I could run the 1/2" spacers with the street wheels, too, otherwise I'm sure the lug nuts would bottom out before getting tight.)

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aha! Thanks, I was just searching for the smaller knurl that the front hubs use, but it sounds like that can be drilled out easily.

·
Registered
790 Posts
You can always cut them down to desired length. Takes a little time but it works.

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
Pat, I found some long, closed-end acorns that I used on the rear of my 86 with 3" studs and .5" spacer. I believe these were made by Gorilla. Worked very well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts