Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Educate me please. You can also pm me a quote. For a long rod 351, I understand the connecting rods have to be narrowed .050". That's .025" per side. Also they would have to be bushed for a .927" chevy pin. How would you accomodate this? Specialized equipment? Bushing the one end I imagine is common. But narrowing the big end I'm not sure of. I just want to make sure whoever does the work has what I am looking for before I hand them over.

·
Vendor
12,113 Posts
If we are building something for a customer I urge them to call me, as I would urge you to call the prospective shops you are looking at for this work. I dont do any of this work for several reasons, namely its a waste of money for the customer and I wont feel right charging a customer for this work. You are going backwards in 2014

·
Vendor
12,113 Posts
This is not a case of a customer being right or wrong. If you have no problems paying me 120.00 dollars per hour to build this and make the alterations then I am all for it. I am very used to steering the customer in the best possible direction, aka VALUE. I think you or anyone can check through my 8000+ posts and will find I do just that. Sorry I was unable to help but I think you are wasting money, that's just my personal opinion having dealt with 1000's of customers a year and building 100+ engines a year.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am not going to argue with you over the value of a long rod 351. It's my engine. The value to me is what is important. I was hoping to learn about the connecting rod modifications so I could make sure the machinist I choose has the tools and capability to modify them. You could've said, "I don't agree with it, but this is how it's done and this is what you need, and good luck." But that's ok. It's all good, buddy. Boss.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts