Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in 91 I sold my 88 GT Rag Top that I ordered from Ford loaded with 5 speed, black and titanium with grey leather interior to buy a house for my new bride and I. The day it went bye bye my wife promised I could get another one one day. Well 27 years later our two daughters have graduated college and on their own, still married to the same wonderful lady and I am on the hunt!
First thing first I'm looking for my car. I know it is a long shot but I have to try. Right? Now comes a bit of an interesting twist. Until last night I had no information about the car other than the color combination and an old Missouri personalized plate that I had on the car. The plate is no help because Missouri purged all the plate numbers years back.
Next I started rummaging through years of paperwork in search of any documentation and none was found. Then I remembered it was insured by Allstate. So I called their customer service number and after chatting with a nice lady and answering numerous questions I am now in possession of the VIN # for My Mustang! Armed with that information I have a contact at a car dealership I'm hoping she might be able to help locate the car via Autocheck. I will post updates as more information is obtained...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
AutoCheck search ends abruptly in 1996 with the last known title application/registration. No other information available after that. Arizona DMV will not give me any information since my name is not on the title. My guess is it has been totaled with no insurance pay out or salvage title applied for. Although it could be sitting in a barn👀. I know a guy who might help out with a more detailed search🧐

1 - 2 of 2 Posts