Ford Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was on a 99+ mustang, and the damn thing sounded like my old redneck neighbors farm truck, lol

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Slither said:
It was on a 99+ mustang, and the damn thing sounded like my old redneck neighbors farm truck, lol
Ok now wipe the slobber off your face, jealousy will get you nowhere! :):lol:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Nobody to date has confused my Saleen Speedster with a farm truck.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does anyone have any sound clips? LOL, postem if ya do.

After seeing what most of the kids (no offence to the guys who acctually contribute to this site) said about the borla exhaust, i expected it to at least sound good. Most of the people here have never heard borla on a a mustang, so someone please post a sound clip to intertain all the other guys here.
I was told that the race magnum sounded great, but my car has that **** on it and i dont think it sounds anywhere as good as the flowmaster.
Most of you guys(once again, not to ones that contibute) are flavor of the week kind of people. Like SPEC clutches, thats the craze now. Im sure there great clutches, but for what most of us have, there is nothin wrong with a centerforce dual friction at all.

Anyway, just a rant

·
Registered
568 Posts
I agree. My borla sounded great with just the catback, but with the longtubes and offroad h they sounded like a chevy truck with glass packs.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Yep. I heard Jomar's before and after the LTs. The Borla sounded ok with the stock manifolds and cats. It had to be one of the worst things I've ever heard with the longtubes though.
The quality and fit of that kit was absolutely terrible.

David

·
Registered
505 Posts
Slither said:

ditto and double ditto.....here we go !!

TIM

·
US Air Force Active Duty
1,411 Posts
Slither said:
Does anyone have any sound clips? LOL, postem if ya do.

After seeing what most of the kids (no offence to the guys who acctually contribute to this site) said about the borla exhaust, i expected it to at least sound good. Most of the people here have never heard borla on a a mustang, so someone please post a sound clip to intertain all the other guys here.
I was told that the race magnum sounded great, but my car has that **** on it and i dont think it sounds anywhere as good as the flowmaster.
Most of you guys(once again, not to ones that contibute) are flavor of the week kind of people. Like SPEC clutches, thats the craze now. Im sure there great clutches, but for what most of us have, there is nothin wrong with a centerforce dual friction at all.

Anyway, just a rant
Here are your sound clips...

Mustang GT w/ Borla's

Mustang Cobra w/ Borla's

The first link is mp3 and the second is .a wma file. You may have to right click and "Save Target As" for the second one. It automatically plays in Winamp when I left click on it, and the first auto plays w/ Quicktime.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Slither said:
Like SPEC clutches, thats the craze now. Im sure there great clutches, but for what most of us have, there is nothin wrong with a centerforce dual friction at all.
You have obviously never tried one :rolleyes: I've tried both. My friend has centerforce dual friction and its garbage. His first pass at the track with clutch and it slipped doing a burnout on nittos. Myself and tampa99gt along with 3 of my other friends have a spec clutch. It is by far the best clutch out on the market. Definitely not a craze.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'm one of Slobras friends with the Spec Clutch. Definately not a craze. It is by far the best clutch I have ever used. I've had Centerforces, Zooms and FMS. The clutch feel and grab are not duplicated by anything on the market right now. As for the Race Magnums, they are a kickass muffler, but if you wanted Flowmaster sound, why didn't you just buy Flowmasters?

·
Premium Member
5,154 Posts
Let me clear a few things up for you:

1) CF clutches suck.

2) Borla cat-backs don't suck.

any questions?

·
Premium Member
5,154 Posts
I got one Have all 4 thousand and some odd posts you've made been like this one?
Yes. I don't know anything, I just make smart ass remarks in hope that I may someday live a better life (karmically speaking) via replying to assnine statements on the Corral.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.