Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was ready to order the LMR kit until I read the reviews. At $35 i guess it is what it is. I found a brand new Ford OEM deflector but its $85. Is the oem worth the extra $50 or should I just get the LMR one as its cheap to replace if it ever gets ripped off or whatever?? What's everyone else using?

·
Registered
24,296 Posts
oem has worked well for me for 18 years now

have no idea about the lmr one

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Lmr one is totally fine. Made my Daniel carpenter. I’m 99% sure my package said “made in USA”

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Where are these bad reviews you speak of?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where are these bad reviews you speak of?
Right on the LMR webpage. I just read the reviews that were posted. Disregarding the posts about how some were bent up on delivery. Other comments were about rigidity, mounting hole lining up, and thin material.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Right on the LMR webpage. I just read the reviews that were posted. Disregarding the posts about how some were bent up on delivery. Other comments were about rigidity, mounting hole lining up, and thin material.
I can’t imagine anyone who has half sense not being able to get one of these on, even if they are slightly bent for shipping.

I’d bet you’d be more than happy with the lmr one, mine was a great fit for a good price with the hardware included.

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
For $35, and the fact it hangs under the car and will likely get abused anyway, Id still probably buy it over an OEM one. A heat gun to straighten it out, and maybe slot a few holes and you’ll never notice a thing after that (unless it’s so cheap it falls off)

my original is in decent shape, but I’ll give the LMR one a shot.

where are you even seeing an OEM one for sale?

Reactions: kreg90

·
Registered
'90 Windveil Blue LX (Dart Turbo T56)
8,059 Posts
the explorer one is a better alternative especially if you have more mods in the pipeline

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
Seems rather....large.

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
the explorer one is a better alternative especially if you have more mods in the pipeline

Here's what you need. You do have to cut it up a little bit on the sides to make it fit.

Reactions: kreg90

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
The lmr one aint bad for what it is.. Just dont ride around with nothing they definitely help.

·
Registered
8,059 Posts
Reactions: Mustang5L5

·
Registered
8,059 Posts
it helps with the cooling lot, and personally think it looks lot better than the tiny and someone out of place oem one

the only thing that can be a pain is jacking the car, but thats not a real issue for me as i have kwik lift setup, and also some low rise race ramps for when not on the lift

The Best Low Rise Vehicle Lift You Can Buy - The Kwik-Lift

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I’m really not a fan of that big ass Bronco deflector.

·
Registered
35,835 Posts
Make your own -- lawn/garden edging is extremely tough; easy to cut; easy to shape with heat; relatively inexpensive; dirt cheap if you go in with some other Stang buds. I had no choice on this little Toy - nothing available.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts