Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't find any definitive chart after searching. MM has recommended to help my understeer issue I replace my factory 90 GT rear sway bar with something stiffer. What should I be looking for? Edit: found it. I need a 27mm from a 94-98 Cobra.

Second, my 03-04 Cobra struts have some play in them when at full droop. Very small but it's enough when I get teched for NASA they think my hubs are on the way out. They were used when I purchased them and I've personally put about 30k on them. I think it's time to rebuild them. What has been everyone's experience when sending them in to Bilstein? I'm going to call them tomorrow just wanted to get some user end feedback.

Lastly, I need to figure out a way to brace my strut towers. Due to the intake setup on my car there is absolutely nothing off the shelf I can use. Any recommendation on tube size and locations to tie into? Can I tie them into the rear/sides of the strut tower instead of the top?

Attachments

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Alright. I just got off the phone with Bilstein USA. They will only rebuild their aftermarket struts. NOT OE ones. They recommended a shop called called Performance Shock in Cali. I spoke to them and they said a complete rebuild is $179 a strut. Can be higher if other problems are found. It looks like at this point I'm better of just buying new HD's since I don't need custom valuing with just a 275 or 300lb coil. Even better, the HD's are on back order pretty much everywhere unless it's an overpriced vendor. Bilstein said that should end around March.

Well damn...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts