Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for differnt launching and powershifting methods please list could get interesting.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Isn't there only one way to powershift???

Launching all depends on combo and what tires you're running. I have a proshifted T5 with slicks so.......5500rpms & dump the clutch!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I dump my clutch pedal at 6k launches on motor and it still bogs with 28 inch tall slicks.

·
Registered
617 Posts
NA, 2 step at 6k rpm...WOT at 2nd yellow, drop clutch on 3rd

nitrous, adjust 2 step to hook best, usually about 5k rpm...WOT at 2nd yellow, drop clutch on 3rd (nitrous is on a clutch switch)

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I hold RPMs at about 4000, when lights come down stab the throttle and dump the clutch right at 6k. I find the car leaves harder this way than just holding the RPMs at 6k and dumping it. You have momentum from the flywheel accelerating when you stab the throttle.

Powershifting, hell, just don't let your right hand get ahead of your left foot. Learn to powershift cleanly and the speed will follow.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have same technique holding RPM at 3000 and launhing at 5000 seems to work very well, then its foot to the floor the whole time with fast gear changes never letting off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts