Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 95 Mustang has been sitting under a car cover and piles of stuff in the garage for many years - totally neglected. And then one day, I start to smell gas. The Fuel Safe fuel cell bladder finally began leaking (they're usually good for 10 years, but mine lasted 20), forcing me to dig the Mustang out from underneath the pile, call a flatbed tow truck, and try to find a GOOD Mustang mechanic - which is so hard after all these years of not being in the Mustang game. I eventually find a hot rod/custom shop, setup an appointment and follow the tow truck carrying my Mustang to the place.

And just watching the Mustang shine in sunlight that it hasn't seen in 5 years, those same old feelings started creeping back. The Mustang is just as beautiful as those summer days in 2003 and 2004 when it graced the pages of MM&FF and Sexy Stangs Magazines. She was my baby well before I met my wife of 14 years! Even my wife said, "What a gorgeous car!" as it was pulled onto the flatbed.

So here I am, back at one of my old haunting grounds, looking for parts and just catching up.

How's things, Corral?

2003:

2019:

·
Registered
8,171 Posts
Woah, a MustangWorld OG posting on the corral. Now this is odd. LOL

Glad to hear you found a good shop. I'm sure that first drive will be an amazing time.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Woah, a MustangWorld OG posting on the corral. Now this is odd. LOL

Glad to hear you found a good shop. I'm sure that first drive will be an amazing time.
Hey Kevin,
It's funny, because I started on the Corral first before Mdub. Used to chat with Chris Ihara back in the day. I'd come here to get tech and buy/sell Mustang parts, but I'd go to Mdub for the Clubhouse haha. Found a great shop so far, even though they're mainly known for their restomod/hot rod work. They were able to get the car started and running while the fuel cell was sent back to Fuel Safe in Oregon, so I'm really relieved about that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts