Ford Mustang Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Is this a racer car or a street car... I don't care what it looks like, or what you want it to look like. what is the car's purpose? If it is a race car.. get rid of anything resembling street car "stuff". It's extraneous, you don't need it. Just on that front, you dont' need to spend a dime.. it's just time to get it out of the car, or cut it out.

Listen to SRT.. he's got hands on with making a car quick.. He and Bob are flyin'! It's not just weight OR power for that matter that makes a car work...

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
My 92 coupe only weighed 2700 and I didn’t cut door bars. But I did have a tremec trans. But it was all stock, brakes sheet metal and drag lights.
I too have a '92 Coupe, with GT interior package (power mirrors, cruise, and power lumbar seats) and with the spare and jack pulled out it weighed 3080lbs... without me.
That was 100% stock/original.
I've since removed all smog equipment and added R-block, Lakewood bell, A5 trans, Dual clutch, TQ box reinforcement kit and 31spline axles... car with me (165lbs) in it is 3270lbs... so car alone is 3105lbs.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Is this a racer car or a street car... I don't care what it looks like, or what you want it to look like. what is the car's purpose? If it is a race car.. get rid of anything resembling street car "stuff". It's extraneous, you don't need it. Just on that front, you dont' need to spend a dime.. it's just time to get it out of the car, or cut it out.

Listen to SRT.. he's got hands on with making a car quick.. He and Bob are flyin'! It's not just weight OR power for that matter that makes a car work...
a lot of it is in a place people dont know to look :devilish:

41 - 45 of 45 Posts