Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Lurker
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there's a lot of variables involved but what kind of miles should I get out of my Koni Yellows? They are on my daily driver.

The front struts have a little over 23k miles on them and the rear shocks have a little over 82k on them. Spring rates in the front are 800 lb. conventional. I don't know what the rear are. TIA.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Question is too subjective for an answer other than they will be fine until they aren't.

·
The Lurker
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol, true. That's the same way with everything isn't it? I was just looking for maybe an idea of what results others have gotten out of theirs too. I know my results may vary. I guess it's no big deal that I swap them out for free if I'm in any doubt.

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
We have Koni SAs with COs on our Prelude. Been on the car since 2013; it's a DD with many miles annually plus autocross and OT during the summers. Car routinely hits the modified bump-stops up front but so far no problems.

·
The Lurker
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks racer. I still have problems like clunking or unloading of the springs but I don't know how they could be doing that. I have the wrong the end link bushing installed which may be part of the noise. I don't know, it just seems like I'm not getting the right amount of dampening. But I don't know what I should be feeling. Maybe it's time to replace the rears due to the miles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts