Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I share a few pics of the early stages of my Y2k 82mm turbo build. You might remember my name from the "Who hasn't gotten...." thread. I did get my c.c. to reverse charges from Bernard and now I 'm finally having my turbo custom built (for real this time). I'll post a couple more soon, this definitely won't be a full blown build thread, just wanna share my experience and to show everyone their are people that do keep there word and can build turbo setups.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Looks good! Are you gona be able to clock the turbo so it will properly drain? Just curious how its going to mount.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good! Are you gona be able to clock the turbo so it will properly drain? Just curious how its going to mount.
Will be mounted left to right, more pics soon. Nice job on your setup!! Been following since you were waiting for kit.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Couple more pics

turbo top support will be redone not too happy with it and the bottom tab still needs to be trimmed up.

5 in. dp

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Y2K..that is a ceramic bearing turbo? correct? How much was that bad boy? and what is it rated at?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Looks great.
I know you're already past the point, but you could neck that DP down to 4" w/o hurting performance and it would be easier to fit.
Keep us updated.
-J

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks great.
I know you're already past the point, but you could neck that DP down to 4" w/o hurting performance and it would be easier to fit.
Keep us updated.
-J
That's what we did once we got to the corner of the head. By the way your car is incredible, I think we like things done the same way.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Danny,

I am glad to see that things are working out for the better. Love the pic's. Keep us posted.
Hey Steve, good to hear from you again. Yea things are working out for the better FINALLY! The 2008 season will be easy to forget! In this part of the country the car is only driven April to Nov.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Y2K..that is a ceramic bearing turbo? correct? How much was that bad boy? and what is it rated at?
Yes it 's ceramic bb, over $2000, capable of 1200hp @82mm upgradable to 91mm ( just in case bimini lx decides to move around here:rofl:) 1700 hp.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Yes I am glad that you FINALLY got over the Quick Time BS. Setup looks very nice. What A/R s the ex on that turbo? What psi do you plan to run it at?

What alt/ p/s bracket is that? You have anymore pictures of it? I have my alt mounted on the pass side next to the turbo and it gets hot to say the least LOL.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes I am glad that you FINALLY got over the Quick Time BS. Setup looks very nice. What A/R s the ex on that turbo? What psi do you plan to run it at?

What alt/ p/s bracket is that? You have anymore pictures of it? I have my alt mounted on the pass side next to the turbo and it gets hot to say the least LOL.
A/R is .96 , 12-14 lbs on street turn it way up for dyno.

I believe its off grand marquis v8 pushrods with the flipped intakes in the fox years.

·
4,305 Posts
I believe its off grand marquis v8 pushrods with the flipped intakes in the fox years.
Yeah, I never can remember the exact year of the cars but the Crown Vic is another vehicle the bracket can be robbed off of. Come to think of it guess a Crown Vic and Grand Marquis were essentially the same car with just a different name on them.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts