Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be installing a Clutch Tamer on my car and it requires a clutch stop. I'm looking for ideas.
Thanks.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I can't find a picture of mine. I slotted the end of a Carriage bolt so I could hold it with a flat screw driver. I welded a nut to the pedal assembly. The quadrant stops on the head of the carriage bolt. I held the bolt with a screwdriver and used another nut to jam it. So far so good!

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't find a picture of mine. I slotted the end of a Carriage bolt so I could hold it with a flat screw driver. I welded a nut to the pedal assembly. The quadrant stops on the head of the carriage bolt. I held the bolt with a screwdriver and used another nut to jam it. So far so good!
I'm trying to picture it but I figured the stop would contact the back of clutch pedal instead of the quadrant if that makes sense.

·
Registered
247 Posts
You can do it that way, I didn't want to mess with the floor, carpet, insolation. So I stoped the quadrant. I have an aftermarket solid quadrant, might not work with the two piece.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I run the Maximum Motorsports quadrant.

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
here are some ideas although i find it rather odd that the kit didn't come with the stop to begin with

hope your brackets fit better than mine as mine fit like total s**t and his after sale support was pretty much total s**t as well

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
here are some ideas although i find it rather odd that the kit didn't come with the stop to begin with

hope your brackets fit better than mine as mine fit like total s**t and his after sale support was pretty much total s**t as well

Thanks for the link. I like the nut welded to the clutch pedal method pictured there. Are you saying that the Clutch Tamer brackets are poor fitting and their service is poor? I'm not sure as you posted a link to the stop on the MM site.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Mine fit great, the second time, he sent me the wrong on the first time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts