Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally have the Mustang done. the street tune is done and 12psi is crazy. I am going to have to turn it down a little bit because I am having to pedal the hell out of it. Even at 50 mph leaving it in 3rd it will roast the tires. I am going to put it on the dyno next month and put a preliminary race tune on it before I take it to the track. I will be testing for my nhra license at the same time so I don't know how far they are going to let me push it. But let's do this anyways. It is guess the et time and guess the dyno hp . And let's make it 1/8th mile.

The car specs areas follows.
92 mustang gt
Dart 427 , trick flow 225 high ports with shaft mount rockers
Comp custom billit cam , isky ez roll solid lifters
Precision 88 millimeter turbo
Th400 trans, 355 gears on 315 Mt et street tires.
Holly dominator efi and boost control
Team z k member and outlaw rearend.
Weight with me in it is 3020 lbs.
Ask if you need more info.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
What fuel ethanol or race gas? 12psi on a good 427 i'd say 1000 through a th400. best guess on ET is 5.50-60 first time out.

EDIT: If you can give it full power without getting out of it. idk how set up the car is if everything is new.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What fuel ethanol or race gas? 12psi on a good 427 i'd say 1000 through a th400. best guess on ET is 5.50-60 first time out.

EDIT: If you can give it full power without getting out of it. idk how set up the car is if everything is new.
I am running 12psi on premium right now for the street tune but will be using c16 for race tune. As for the suspension, you are right. I will be working on that at the same time.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no e85 where you live?
Yeah, plenty of e-85. But unfortunately it deteriorates so quickly that to do it right you really should test it every time and carry straight ethinol with you to adjust it. Kind of a pain

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Yeah, plenty of e-85. But unfortunately it deteriorates so quickly that to do it right you really should test it every time and carry straight ethinol with you to adjust it. Kind of a pain
I also had a lot of corrosion issues in my fuel cell, fuel rails and any other not coated aluminum fuel component when I ran E85.

If you get an E85 tune and have an easy way of draining the tank between fuels than it wouldn't be so bad.

Reactions: Blk.Snake
1 - 8 of 8 Posts